Heston Kjerstad 2022

joelala

5 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

2022 Arizona Fall League runs October 3 - November 12.    Between him and the possibility Grayson might benefit from a little extra October platform readying for 2023, might be a better than average AFL for an O's fan to consider.

Might not be a bad idea.  I'm hoping he's up to Aberdeen by July 1 and then up to Bowie by mid August.   If he can do that and look good at Bowie, that would be a pretty successful year.    6 weeks in the AFL might be a nice icing on the cake.

12 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

2-4 with a double tonight.  Average up to .415.  It’s probably time to move up.  Obviously, it would be great to see him continue to rake with the Ironbirds.  

I think the Ironbirds will need to promote someone at the same time Kjerstad moves up.  

Yusniel only there now for rehab, right?    Tonight OF/DH spots occupied by Cowser-Rhodes-Bellony-Yusniel.   Cumberland had DH last night while Yusniel rested, but his reps don't seem as important as those first three.

Aberdeen still home next week, and Delmarva very short roadtrip to Fredericksburg, if keeping either Yusniel or Kjerstad in state is desired.    

Obviously myocarditis + hamstring tamped down all hopes, but on paper ballplayer Kjerstad was supposed to be waaay too good for Low-A pitchers and nice to see that prior generally being met even with the two years out of games!

10 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Yusniel only there now for rehab, right?    Tonight OF/DH spots occupied by Cowser-Rhodes-Bellony-Yusniel.   Cumberland had DH last night while Yusniel rested, but his reps don't seem as important as those first three.

Aberdeen still home next week, and Delmarva very short roadtrip to Fredericksburg, if keeping either Yusniel or Kjerstad in state is desired.    

Obviously myocarditis + hamstring tamped down all hopes, but on paper ballplayer Kjerstad was supposed to be waaay too good for Low-A pitchers and nice to see that prior generally being met even with the two years out of games!

Yeah, he's wesy different than the rest of the guys. A couple of years away and he still has the "look".

Maybe Kjerstad gets a cup of coffee with Bowie this year, but getting time in Aberdeen, and then Arizona fall league would feel like a successful year. I can't really see the Orioles only making him do a months worth of at bats in Aberdee. That said Aberdeen plus AZL sets him up well to open next year in Bowie, and have an early promotion (if he does well)

On 6/26/2022 at 8:27 PM, wildcard said:

My guess is that Diaz is with the Tides on Tuesday.

Kjerstad is not on rehab.  He is being developed.  My guess is that is moves to the Ironbirds after he gets 100 at bats in Delmarva.

I’m thinking this is the plan. The FO has a set number of ABs in mind for him. I’m just happy he’s healthy and back playing. I don’t think they push him too hard the rest of the year. The AFL won’t happen, and I can’t really argue Elias not liking that.