Sunday, June 26: Jordan Lyles and O's go for 4 game sweep in Chicago

SteveA

9 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Damn why didn’t ADLEY score on that? Late jump?

Yep. Late jump. 

Yep - I was a few minutes behind in DVR, but his non-2nd to home bottlenecking what would have been an easy Mateo 1st-3rd was I think our high water instant in the Jose Abreu Gift inning.

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Agreed. Played it too safe.

Wish they had seen it WAsnt catchable but it is what it is. 

Adley got a bad read. It that spot you are always conservative. That said never know what happens after. 

Yeah, it is what it is. Pen is in good shape for rest of road trip. Hope bats bounce back. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

It would be nice to have a real pinch-hitter available.

The last two games for the Tides, I found out today, they've had to have the pitcher hit because there isn't anyone on the bench.  And today, DJ Stewart left the game as well, in the 5th or 6th.  So they had the current pitcher pinch hit and moved Stowers from his DH role to RF.  Except it turns out that's an illegal substitution; you have to have a pitcher who isn't currently in the lineup come and pinch hit, and only then can you move your current DH to RF. 

Anyway, Bannon got sent back to Norfolk last night but didn't make it to join the team today, so they were short there. 

I know this isn't the same thing you were saying, but I found it really odd that the team is so out of players.  They all played like they needed a day off, but there's no one to relieve anyone.  I hadn't seen that before. 

37 minutes ago, justD said:

The last two games for the Tides, I found out today, they've had to have the pitcher hit because there isn't anyone on the bench.  And today, DJ Stewart left the game as well, in the 5th or 6th.  So they had the current pitcher pinch hit and moved Stowers from his DH role to RF.  Except it turns out that's an illegal substitution; you have to have a pitcher who isn't currently in the lineup come and pinch hit, and only then can you move your current DH to RF. 

Anyway, Bannon got sent back to Norfolk last night but didn't make it to join the team today, so they were short there. 

I know this isn't the same thing you were saying, but I found it really odd that the team is so out of players.  They all played like they needed a day off, but there's no one to relieve anyone.  I hadn't seen that before. 

I believe this might mean "paper Tides" like Diplan and Bannon are on a plane from Chicago to Seattle.   One of the things I heard about the 2021 Giants is sometimes their AAA shuttle guys would just be staying in San Fran during homestands, or join the team on roadtrips.   I guess International League roster and game rules still have a shred of integrity, which I might not have guessed!

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:
3 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Adley got a bad read. It that spot you are always conservative. That said never know what happens after. 

It would have been a little extra to process in an instant, but tying run Mateo behind him on the basepaths maybe justified a little risk to get it 90 feet closer.

Watching it seemed like a perfectly clean single...I was instantly muttering.   xBA thinks .950....13 degree launch angle safely over IF heads, 237 foot distance well in front of OF.