“The Streak” Thread

NelsonCruuuuuz

The Orioles won 12 straight games crossing over from 9/30/15 through 4/12/16.  

So the 9 straight wins is only the longest IN SEASON win streak since 9/7/99 through 9/22/99 when they won 13 straight.

The Orioles have been known for carry-over win streaks with 5 win streaks of 9+ games extending from 1 season into the next, including

--1970 (ending 1971): 14

--1971: 13

--2015: 12

--1974: 10

--1995: 9

If you're looking ahead, the Orioles have had 13 streaks of 10+ wins since moving to Baltimore and 3 more as the Browns.  The longest win streak in franchise history is 14, accomplished 3 times (once as the Browns in 1923, twice as the Orioles 1973 and 1970-71).

On the plus side, the Orioles are in rarified air already.  Since 1954 they have had win streaks of:

exactly 7: 32 times

8: 15

9: 8

10: 5

11: 1

12: 1

13: 3

14: 2

Edited by Filmstudy
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Arguably the best baseball movie ever.  Field of Dreams celebrates cheaters, The Natural completely changed the story from the book.  The Sandlot is right up there with Major League and the Bad News Bears.

Eight men out and the original Angels in the outfield.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Arguably the best baseball movie ever.  Field of Dreams celebrates cheaters, The Natural completely changed the story from the book.  The Sandlot is right up there with Major League and the Bad News Bears.

Love Major League but it essentially copied Bill Durham.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Sandlot is "right up there" with the Bad News Bears in the sense that Nickelback is "right up there" with the Beatles.

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

By far, you have been my favorite OH contributor since I joined this board in September of 2003.  In 19 years I think this is the only time I have so completely and violently disagreed with you.  Field of Dreams is not just the greatest baseball movie of all time, it's the GREATEST movie of all time.  I once broke up with a girl because she thought it was a silly movie about grown men in a corn field.  If DrungoHazewood could be so wrong about this what else is he wrong about???  It's like growing up to find out Brooks Robinson bet on baseball, cheated on his wife, regularly kicked his dog, and sold nuclear secrets to the Russians.  I just don't know what to believe anymore.  

Be better DrungoHazewood.  Be better.  

😉 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It’s a shame that Bertram got real lost in the 60’s afterwards.