“The Streak” Thread

NelsonCruuuuuz

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's soul is a chick flick (no disrespect intended) romantic comedy.

So is For the Love of the Game, but I like it anyway.  The worst example of a chick flick posing as a guy flick is the original Top Gun.  5 minutes of fighter jet combat action surround by an hour and a half of romance.

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The Natural is another one that I will watch and enjoy the heck out of, but still have these lingering issues about how they could have done it differently.  Someone needs to remake the Natural (Tim Burton? Herzog? Coens?  Someone who can really pull off depressing and weird) and stay true to the book, so at the end Roy strikes out, then is met outside the stadium by a kid with a newspaper that says "Hobbs suspected in gambling scheme", and he just weeps as the credits roll.

Bill James once wrote that the lesson of Malamud's book was that no matter what you do nothing ever works out in the end.

Or as Daniel Patrick Moynihan said after the death of John F. Kennedy.  "There's no sense in being Irish if you don't know the world will break your heart eventually."  

12 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Arguably the best baseball movie ever.  Field of Dreams celebrates cheaters, The Natural completely changed the story from the book.  The Sandlot is right up there with Major League and the Bad News Bears.

Somehow, I’ve never seen The Sandlot.