“The Streak” Thread

NelsonCruuuuuz

538 currently has us at 7% odds to make the playoffs.............and projects our 'average' final record to be 76-86.    Pretty incredible even if we end up with 'only' 76 wins when we are in the last year of the big tear down.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Somehow, I’ve never seen The Sandlot.  

There's a guy I worked with before he retired a few years ago.  Big baseball fan, Orioles fan.  Had never seen the Sandlot and we ribbed him about it all the time.  We'd be in meetings and reference Sandlot quotes or something about Wendy Pfferkorn or Smalls, and be like "oh, you don't know what that is..."

26 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There's a guy I worked with before he retired a few years ago.  Big baseball fan, Orioles fan.  Had never seen the Sandlot and we ribbed him about it all the time.  We'd be in meetings and reference Sandlot quotes or something about Wendy Pfferkorn or Smalls, and be like "oh, you don't know what that is..."

Maybe it’s a function of when the movie came out (1993).   At that point I had two kids under 4 years old and babysitters were scarce, plus I was doing a ton of international business travel, including on weekends.   To the extent we got out to the movies in that period,  a baseball movie wouldn’t have been high on my wife’s list.   And I never heard much about it, so I haven’t really ever been looking to see it.   Maybe I’ll need to now.  

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Maybe it’s a function of when the movie came out (1993).   At that point I had two kids under 4 years old and babysitters were scarce, plus I was doing a ton of international business travel, including on weekends.   To the extent we got out to the movies in that period,  a baseball movie wouldn’t have been high on my wife’s list.   And I never heard much about it, so I haven’t really ever been looking to see it.   Maybe I’ll need to now.  

I actually hadn’t seen it until about 5 years ago.  It’s great and it’s on all the time.  

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I was in my late 20s in '93, still a few years from having kids, so The Sandlot wasn't on my radar. Watched it a few years ago and thought it was OK, nothing special. But I can see how kids who grew up with it might love it. I was just born at the wrong time.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

We might never lose again 😁

Just kidding but boy is this fun! I’d love to see the streak reach the streak the A’s had back when Tejada was with them. 

Go O’s 👍

So if we win out , we may win the AL East at 118-44 

The Yankees would have to go 57-17 to beat us out by a game 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

So if we win out , we may win the AL East at 118-44 

The Yankees would have to go 57-17 to beat us out by a game 

Since they would be 0-6 in the second half against Baltimore, they would have to go 57-11 in their remaining games to beat us out by a game.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I didn't watch it when it came out, I was in college or just graduated.  It was probably 10-15 years ago when I first saw it.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

My golfing buddies get on me the same way for never seeing Caddyshack.