Early Game Alert: and on Peacock

Keygans

Not cool.  To pay for MLB-TV and this one isn't available unless one buys a Peacock subscription. 

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/subscription-access-peacock-gotw

"

Frequently Asked Questions:

Do I need to pay to watch MLB Sunday Leadoff on Peacock?

Yes. A Peacock Premium subscription is required to view live games. Click here to subscribe

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Peacock isn’t a bad deal. They have a pretty good catalog. All the datelines and murder shows. 4.95 a month. 

Yeah I got 6 months for free with an Amazon fire stick I got for free with 2 months of sling. Just keeps on giving. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Peacock isn’t a bad deal. They have a pretty good catalog. All the datelines and murder shows. 4.95 a month. 

The issue is starting to become that we can't keep cable for the RSN, and this plethora of streaming services, at the same time. 

"It's just $5 a month" doesn't matter if you have to subscribe to 10 or 15 different streaming services at $5-$10 per month each to get all the content you want.  Then cable on top of that for the RSN that refuses to evolve?  It's just too much. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InsideCoroner said:

I am legitimately annoyed that despite a full mlb.tv subscription I cannot watch the game today in the midst of the team’s longest winning streak. If it was on FOX or such, fine, but behind a paywall? Shove it, Peacock.

Agreed… I’m not going to sign up for something I’m never going to watch after today, thanks.

31 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I don't know who decided to put this game on a streaming service.  If it was the O's, then they deserve to lose.  😡🤬

I think this is part of the national TV deal, not something the Orioles did.  

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I guessing Garcia gets sent back now.

WIth the two off days, and Lyles apparently pitching Tuesday and Sunday, we won't need Voth again until the 26th.   But he is out of options.   So I can see him moving to the bullpen, as soon as he is rested (probably for the Tampa series).

So with the off days Mon & Thu, if we do send Garcia down, we almost don't need another pitcher.   We will have a rested, 8 man pen for the Cub series and with Voth a 9 man pen for the Tampa series.

I would like to see us bring up a position player and have a 5 man bench for a change, allow Hyde a little flexibility.   Maybe even bring up Westberg.