Monday August 1: Orioles visit Texas

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Who wouldn't be depressed with Mountcastle & Odor hitting back to back in the middle of your lineup!?!?

So depressing.

Well I keep forgetting about the Veteranosity fairly dust Odor brings to the field every night.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I find the Rangers' look, especially in this uniform, just maddening and silly. When they go mostly red in their color scheme, it resembles the Angels too much, especially with those red caps. I want to yell, "make up your freaking mind on your colors". And yet the blue script for the team name (with red trim) just clashes color-wise. I know it's an attempt to reflect the Texas flag's colors, but come on. I feel second hand embarrassment (as my kids say) for them ;) 

Looking at the Ranger's uniforms it looks like a mismatch of the Angels and Royals with the red trim and the blue script on the jerseys. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Well I keep forgetting about the Veteranosity fairly dust Odor brings to the field every night.

There were actually a few weeks right around mid July where I thought "You know, MAYBE Odor has some kind of redeeming qualities" but I feel very ashamed for having those thoughts. If we are forced to watch him for the remainder of the season, I will be very sad. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Looking at the Ranger's uniforms it looks like a mismatch of the Angels and Royals with the red trim and the blue script on the jerseys. 

If I had just tuned in and did not know the home team, I'd look at the back of the pitcher's uni and think this was the Angels. The red hat and T are fine taken alone, but just the whole thing together is just way too similar to the Angels. And yet, you see the front with that blue and it's just a bad clash. 

There are times when I'm thinking of a player and due to me being color focused (my brain works like that), I can't remember if the guy was an Angel or a Ranger. And there's guys like Vlad Sr. who did play for both and my head explodes. 

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

That's probably the most amazing throw I have ever seen. I can't ever get enough of watching that, and the throw beat him by like 2 steps. 🤣🤣🤣

When someone says "he made it look easy", you can also add "he looked like he was not even trying hard." As the announcer said, he was flat-footed on that throw.