A lot of Elias notes/quotes

interloper

40 minutes ago, interloper said:

And as much as I like almost all of these quotes, I hate this one:

What else do you need to see? If it's just about roster space, just say that. 

Stowers is the kind of prospect that Elias wants to make sure is ready from day one to compete well at the major league level. I wish I had the minor league statcast numbers then I could tell you a bit more on what they are still looking for, but it appears they are going to use those left over Mancini at bats for Vavra for now. 

I really, really wish they would give Vavra some PAs at second base because Odor is the only regular now that needs to be replaced. That would open up those PAs for Stowers.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If its "lift off" from here and you want tp spend in the offseason, get the kids up now.  You can't lift off if you are giving at bats and roster spots to Odor, Nevin, Baker, Phillips, et al...

How did Baker end up in there? Since June 15th, he's pitched to a 1.85 ERA over 19.1 IP striking out 23.  Batter have slashed .186/.284/.229/.513 off him during this time. He's been hitting as high as 98 MPH in games. 

No way he belongs with the other guys you mentioned. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

How did Baker end up in there? Since June 15th, he's pitched to a 1.85 ERA over 19.1 IP striking out 23.  Batter have slashed .186/.284/.229/.513 off him during this time. He's been hitting as high as 98 MPH in games. 

No way he belongs with the other guys you mentioned. 

Im just picking a guy.  Sulser was mentioned.  That's fine.  But none of these, go nowhere, not likely to be here next year guys should be getting time over the young players who should be here.

I think opening up the checkbook on a good bat, good glove 1B and moving Mountcastle to DH would be where I would go.  I think we have enough other infield MLB and MILB prospects to cover the rest of the infield and the outfield.  A good backup catcher would be another position and a legitimate middle of the rotation starter.  Those three positions are all we need imo.

Edited by NedFromYork

1 hour ago, interloper said:
  1. Outright telling us he wants to sign people this winter. 

Of course, those guys could be the Rougned Odors of the world. But hopefully he's confident about landing some real upgrades. 

We're past the Odors of the world.  At least in the field (other than maybe a back-up C).  No way they bring in a scab.  

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Well it will depend on who he signs. I wonder what he said about Odor and Chirinos. Signing more bargain guys won’t be a positive. Lyles actually turned out well but we added a 4th starter when we didn’t have a 1, 2, or 3.

Agreed.  We're right there offensively/defensively.  He has to be talking about the rotation.  No other real weak spots that can't be addressed in house (with the usual rookie caveats).

Bold words.

"From now and this point forward" is read "The 'rebuild' is done!"

4 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

We're past the Odors of the world.  At least in the field (other than maybe a back-up C).  No way they bring in a scab.  

Agreed.  We're right there offensively/defensively.  He has to be talking about the rotation.  No other real weak spots that can't be addressed in house (with the usual rookie caveats).

"From now and this point forward" is read "The 'rebuild' is done!"

How can you say we are past the Odors of the world when they just acquired Brett Phillips?

1 hour ago, vab said:

I'm worried about him feeling like he's entitled to be in Baltimore which could be leading to his horrendous performance since the all-star break. Of course I don't know that this is the case but, if it is, it's a huge red flag. 

Wasn’t there some thoughts he was tipping pitches?  And then had several great outings after adjusting?  And now?  Maybe he just mentally loses focus and leaves pitches where he doesn’t want them