We are going to the playoffs

tinman

We all look at position players but pitching and defense keyed this run.  All the top teams all have the best ERA's.  So I believe August will almost totally depend on our starting rotation to keep pitching as they have since mid-June.  

This is going to be really interesting to watch.

Are Mountcastle and Hays going to be big in our future?  Is Urias going to be a fixture?  Will Mateo become the star I think he can be?  

Buckle up

I refuse to dream big but I really like the grit of this team. This is a Baltimer team. I continue to marvel at the pitching - expcting it to implode at any minute. But is hasn't. I also am anxiously awaiting the cream to rise from the miniors.

In the mean time, if I've learned anything this year, it's respect for this team and it's central office and managment/development group. For once in a long time, I'm proud to wear my Oriole gear in Red Sox Country - proud to boast of a team and organization that is relevant again.

How we do in the next two months is an unknown but if the past few are any indication, we will battle. A few games back, we were down by several runs early and my son said - "We got them just were we want them!" Sure enough, we came back late and won. That's your 2022 Orioles. My Orioles! Man I like this team and where I think it's headed!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, StatusDC said:

32 out of the last 57 games will be against the AL East. Pretty brutal, but doable.

I think it's a good thing. It puts our destiny in our hands considering 3 of those teams are currently in playoff position. 

8 hours ago, Snutchy said:

No more references to genitalia or this whole dumpster fire of a thread will get locked. 

We all love the O's and want to believe, but y'all need to get a room with all the genitalia talk.

I'm a new member here. I just joined a few months ago. I had no idea this place was so censored. There wasnt even anything that provocative. I dont know who is responsible for the censoring here, but whoever that man is must have his tightey whiteys on tighter than what was thought to be humanly possible. Let yourself breathe fella. 

13 hours ago, Too Tall said:

I refuse to dream big but I really like the grit of this team. This is a Baltimer team. I continue to marvel at the pitching - expcting it to implode at any minute. But is hasn't. I also am anxiously awaiting the cream to rise from the miniors.

In the mean time, if I've learned anything this year, it's respect for this team and it's central office and managment/development group. For once in a long time, I'm proud to wear my Oriole gear in Red Sox Country - proud to boast of a team and organization that is relevant again.

How we do in the next two months is an unknown but if the past few are any indication, we will battle. A few games back, we were down by several runs early and my son said - "We got them just were we want them!" Sure enough, we came back late and won. That's your 2022 Orioles. My Orioles! Man I like this team and where I think it's headed!

We all love a good underdog story.  Its why i watch movies like Rudy, Rocky, heck even Die Hard (one man against 20 terrorist) So while Elias is building the organization from the bottom up, our guys at the top are running barefoot thru glass just firing away.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

But, why?

It's just a guess. We just picked Phillips up, we must want him for something. If you're asking ME, I would keep McKenna over Phillips. Don't see either one on the team next year though, so I don't really care either way.

We can’t internally fix the SP, but we can still strengthen the pen and lineup. Stowers should be up. We’re short a A side arm that everyone got slotted up a role. Gotta have a quick hook with Baker. Is Cano the answer?  Joe Smith/Lamet?  DL Hall?  

Nevin has been hitting lately. 

Come September we get the two extra roster spots.