Sunday August 7th - Let’s Get This Sweep

sportsfan8703

Just now, ledzepp8 said:

Yep and the rule is really impossible to apply correctly. There’s too much grey area in these types of plays. If that’s blocking the plate without the ball, then everything is. There was literally nothing else Chirinos could do. They expect catchers to catch the ball standing behind or to the side of the plate. 

There is no reason Allen couldn’t have slid. If he had, Chirinos wouldn’t have received the ball it was so bang bang. 

Geez can we end the Beau Sulser audition?

He'll probably pitch these last few innings and head to Norfolk, with a fresh arm coming up tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Chirinos only stepped in front of the plate to catch the ball.  It's not like he was blocking the plate.  He had to be where he was to catch the ball.

And he initially set up behind or just over the plate. He only moved up to get to the ball. That was textbook how one would handle that throw. And what kind of MLB player stands up (no Pete Rose roll tackle or slide or anything) on a play like that? It's like he didn't know what to do or had the baseball instincts to slide (hook slide or hand reaching for the plate). 

6 minutes ago, tinman said:

He may or may not be, but he's at worst our 2nd best hitter. Having a down year for sure, but definitely our most proven offensive weapon. 1 game out dude. 1 freakin game and we traded him.

I don't have a problem with trading Mancini. I do have a problem with acquiring and playing Phillips. And with trading Lopez. And then telling the team you're behind them all the way and you're going to add talent this year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm pretty much in favor of any rule that keeps guys from getting injured.

Same way I'm opposed to intentionally hitting guys to "send a message".

It was a rule put in place to prevent super rare injuries. Besides Posey and Fosse, where were all the injuries at the plate necessitating a confusing rule change?

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I don't have a problem with trading Mancini. I do have a problem with acquiring and playing Phillips. And with trading Lopez. And then telling the team you're behind them all the way and you're going to add talent this year. 

IT has to do with money also.  They dont want to bring up any of the prospects to early and start their clock.  Elias is doing everything for the long term.  He isnt trying to lose but he refuses to start the clock on prospects on a season he deems a very very long shot to make the playoffs.  

It is frustrating but am not sure in the long run it isnt the right thing to do.

Just now, dtk9119 said:

When was the last time this offense had a massive outburst? You can't expect the BP to carry every game.

Scored 7,8,6,1 and 6 this week. 

That’s fine. That said I’m not disagreeing with you that the lineup is a bit short.