Have We Reached Our High Water Mark?

WarehouseChatter

56-51 - 5 games above .500.  Let’s say we win today and get to 57-51.  With a very difficult schedule ahead, I’m not sure we’ll get back to 5 (or 6 if we win today) games above .500.  I’m not saying I don’t have faith in the team - just being realistic on what’s ahead.  It’s been a great ride, but starting next week, we really have to show if we’re contenders or pretenders.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

56-51 - 5 games above .500.  Let’s say we win today and get to 57-51.  With a very difficult schedule ahead, I’m not sure we’ll get back to 5 (or 6 if we win today) games above .500.  I’m not saying I don’t have faith in the team - just being realistic on what’s ahead.  It’s been a great ride, but starting next week, we really have to show if we’re contenders or pretenders.

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

Well, we are playing the teams in front of us. I expect them to continue playing well and winning more at home than on the road. Also the teams in front of us including the Yankees really haven’t been playing well. 

Edited by Roll Tide
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

If I am the teams coming to play us on this “difficult” schedule, I don’t want to be playing us. 
Every so often there are teams that are on a baseball Karma run .. things happen like routine flyballs hitting outfielders in the face for homers etc

Other teams want nothing to do with us right now! 

Well, this team has defied the odds for most of the season. 

I remember in 2012 there was a big west coast trip that was going to prove that team to be pretenders...if I remember correctly they played pretty well and kept on going. 

They've shown enough this season to not discount what they can do.

Maybe, but not necessarily. 

Vavra taking an increasing number of ABs away from Odor should help the offense, especially in the OBP department and an outfield of Hays in RF, Mullins in CF, and Phillips/McKenna in Camden Canyon... er, LF... could take away A LOT of runs from the opposition, plus we could see some reinforcements start arriving over the next few weeks, i.e. Stowers, Gunnar, Hall, etc.

8 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Maybe, but not necessarily. 

Vavra taking an increasing number of ABs away from Odor should help the offense, especially in the OBP department and an outfield of Hays in RF, Mullins in CF, and Phillips/McKenna in Camden Canyon... er, LF... could take away A LOT of runs from the opposition, plus we could see some reinforcements start arriving over the next few weeks, i.e. Stowers, Gunnar, Hall, etc.

Is Vavra really taking ABs from Odor?

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

Vavra is getting Mancini's AB.

Agreed.  This team is definitely not better minus Mancini, plus Brett Philips.  They are struggling to score runs with Mancini gone.  They need to axe Odor and Philips as soon as they can.  Mountcastle and Mullins are pretty good but not the same mashers they were last year.  I wouldn't be surprised if the O's try to re-sign Mancini (which maybe they should anyway) or find another first baseman if Mountcastle stays like this the rest of the season.  Hopefully lots of good bats coming up from the minors soon but don't think any of them play at first.

I didn't believe in 2012 and they proved me wrong.  I don't think we are making the playoffs.  I don't have faith in the starting pitching and we just aren't as good as most of the teams we have to play the rest of the way.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, WarehouseChatter said:

Yeah, look at the schedule for the remaining of the season, it’s brutal. If they get in, it will be truly impressive. I think we need Stowers, Gunnar & Grod for that to happen realistically.