Pathetic.

Moose Milligan

13 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

They may also be forgetting that John Means nearly threw a perfect game just last year against this same Rays team that managed to win 100 games.

I think there are problems with the configuration of this roster, but that wasn’t any more apparent before or after today’s game. 

Was this before or after he also almost threw one against the Mariners?

1 hour ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

You're not wrong... but this is the stretch that matters and there are heightened expectations.  Not a good start, for sure.  We just went 7-10 in a stretch against crappy teams where some, including me, would have been happy with  5-5.  As I said before that one started, this stretch is the one that matters.  They gained a little room with the last 10, but this is the one.  If they go .50 on this 10 game stretch  they are in or .5 out of the WC.

But I get what you're saying.  They looked flat.  A little flat.  It happens.  Let's see their bounce-back.  They have to be feeling it too. ;)

This team is also not as good on the road. 

I was initially upset with today's lineup.  I am less upset now that I know that Mountcastle was unavailable due to his sore wrist from being hit by a pitch yesterday.  Someone needs to play first base, and apparently that meant that Nevin had to play there, although I still think Vavra in the OF gives us a better chance to win than Phillips.  

So now what I'm fuming about is the fact that the only back up first baseman we have on the roster is Tyler Nevin.  That is pathetic.  Once the O's traded Mancini they needed to come up with a better plan, maybe giving Santander or Vavra some reps there.  

I get wanting to hold Henderson back in hopes that they can get another year of service time for him. But why not call up Stowers and Westburg so that we have a better bench?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

When people say this team didn't show up today or the manager didn't try to win that's PATHETIC.   The results may have been pathetic but this team has heart and gives it all.  Anyone questioning that should be ashamed of themselves.   

Ohhhhhhh I’m ashamed. I wasn’t before reading your post but…but now I am. I’m ashamed. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Was this before or after he also almost threw one against the Mariners?

It was just the M’s.  For some reason I recalled it being the Rays…..I remember not even realizing the O’s were on TV at the time. It was a day game during the week and I think I put it on in the 7th or 8th inning so I don’t have a great memory of it. 

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ohhhhhhh I’m ashamed. I wasn’t before reading your post but…but now I am. I’m ashamed. 

I'm sure it's just a matter of trying harder and they would have scored 10 runs.  That's the way it works right?

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I would agree with Pickles that there's a whole lot of overreacting here. 

My only comment is that I'm surprised Bautista and Tate didn't make appearances just as a tune-up. Felix hasn't pitched since Tuesday, how good are we going to feel if his first game action in six days is protecting a one-run lead?

The fact of the matter is we have been playing well the last two months is mainly because of pitching and some offense from the bottom of the order but our biggest problem is the lack of offense from two main guys we thought would produce in the middle of the order.  In July and August Mountcastle and Hays have a total of 4 homers.   Hays has 4 Runs batted in since June 28th that is dreadful.  Mountcastle Ops since the start of July is just over .600. We can’t keep counting on bench guys or the bottom of the order to carry the offense these two have to start carrying their weight or we won’t stay in the race much longer.  Hyde batted Urias at cleanup and Odor 5th and many are mad but what can he do when his supposed big bats are doing nothing for almost two months.  Hays was playing very good until that game in Detroit with his hand injury since then he has been a different player offensively.  

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

*****I Think*****

What moves? They aren’t making any moves besides shuttling a pitcher. I doubt that happens as the pen is well rested.

***** Disclosure: Note to @Sports Guy I don’t have a link*****

Stop trolling. No more warnings. You will get a suspension the next time you troll.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It was just the M’s.  For some reason I recalled it being the Rays…..I remember not even realizing the O’s were on TV at the time. It was a day game during the week and I think I put it on in the 7th or 8th inning so I don’t have a great memory of it. 

It’s cool. 

Also, “you suck, Pedro Severino!”

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'm sure it's just a matter of trying harder and they would have scored 10 runs.  That's the way it works right?

No. That’s not how it works. 

I get that you can’t trot the A lineup out there every day and that Sundays typically are the day in which you put out the B lineup. That’s understood. 

But today, on a day where they actually needed to win a game that could have playoff implications, they should have made an exception. 

You can’t tell me they put their best lineup on the field today.  You can’t tell me that Odor batting 5th was a good idea. You can’t tell me that Vavra on the bench made sense.  He’s probably the guy with the best approach on the team outside of Rutschman and he’s only been here like two weeks.  

You can’t tell me that it’s STILL A GOOD IDEA TO PITCH TO AROZARENA WITH RUNNERS ON BASE.  His career average against the Orioles is .400.  He’s 1941 Ted Williams against us and we STILL pitch to him.  What’s next, pitching to Judge when we play the Yankees next?

Dude, I said it in the OP which you either didn’t read or didn’t comprehend.  Some days you get beat.  Some days you run into a pitcher that’s throwing the game of his life.  It happens.

But you can’t tell me that this team did everything it could to win this game today; the lineup, Arozarena, yeah man, it was pathetic.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I would agree with Pickles that there's a whole lot of overreacting here. 

My only comment is that I'm surprised Bautista and Tate didn't make appearances just as a tune-up. Felix hasn't pitched since Tuesday, how good are we going to feel if his first game action in six days is protecting a one-run lead?

It’s not overreacting that this team is full of guys who aren’t good offensive players.  There is a reason we didn’t expect them to be a good team.

Theres a reason many of us are asking for Gunnar and Stowers and want Vavra everyday.  They have real talent.

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No. That’s not how it works. 

I get that you can’t trot the A lineup out there every day and that Sundays typically are the day in which you put out the B lineup. That’s understood. 

But today, on a day where they actually needed to win a game that could have playoff implications, they should have made an exception. 

You can’t tell me they put their best lineup on the field today.  You can’t tell me that Odor batting 5th was a good idea. You can’t tell me that Vavra on the bench made sense.  He’s probably the guy with the best approach on the team outside of Rutschman and he’s only been here like two weeks.  

You can’t tell me that it’s STILL A GOOD IDEA TO PITCH TO AROZARENA WITH RUNNERS ON BASE.  His career average against the Orioles is .400.  He’s 1941 Ted Williams against us and we STILL pitch to him.  What’s next, pitching to Judge when we play the Yankees next?

Dude, I said it in the OP which you either didn’t read or didn’t comprehend.  Some days you get beat.  Some days you run into a pitcher that’s throwing the game of his life.  It happens.

But you can’t tell me that this team did everything it could to win this game today; the lineup, Arozarena, yeah man, it was pathetic.

And my post wasn't directed at you but for some reason you got defensive and decided to be a wise ass.  

Its a 3-3 week in division, mostly on the road.

The Orioles still have the most Net Home Games in division remaining.

BAL +6       (one of them soon is fake Williamsport, right?)

We're going to go to +9 by Thursday with ~45 games to go....isn't this in Blackjack when you should start increasing your bets?

NYY +3

TB -1

BOS -2

TOR -3

Don't get swept in Toronto, make some bones at OPACY with the Cubs, Red Sox and Tim Anderson-less White Sox in.