Who here had the Orioles winning 71 games before the start of the season?

Uli2001

3 hours ago, Dunk35 said:

Great season but the last 3 games seem to be signaling a freefall. A bunch of good teams left on the schedule and I'd be surprised if we finish over .500. 

And that is okay! It was fun to care again after 5 years of bad baseball. Get some pitching and a MOO bat and let those boys compete next year!!

Losing 3 in a row is something good teams do all the time and is not indicative of a freefall. If they start going 2-8 every 10 games then yes.

That said, this team has choked in big games. First the TB series, and now this disaster of a double-header. We're not a playoff team -- and that's okay. 

5 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

Something to keep in mind for perspective on an otherwise dreary day of baseball (so far). We’re much further down the highway than we expected and brighter days are ahead. 

Regardless of how the rest of the season plays out this has been an absolute thrilling season. There's work to do in the winter but the road isn't nearly as far off as we thought

Don’t think I responded to the poll, but I thought it was possible but not probable. A couple of my suspicions came true - one or two young starters who struggled last year would step up, Tyler Wells would have an impact as a starter or closer, there would be a boost from a few rookie callups, the emergence of a competent offensive and defensive outfield from Mullins, Hayes, and Santander,  and the law of averages would help us avoid the mega losing streaks we had last year. I didn’t have a clue about the bullpen, Mateo, or the emergence of guys like Voth, or the emergence of a good defensive infield from the cast of “who dat’s.”