Wednesday, September 14: Orioles complete 2 game series in Washington

SteveA

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Second time in my life I've seen an Oriole go all the way around the bases here at Nats Park.

First time, Adam Jones hit a fly to CF, right near the fence, and Nyjer Morgan tried to make a great catch at the fence and it glanced off his glove and Nyjer couldn't figure out where it was for several seconds, and Adam went all the way around the bases for an ITP HR.

Guess this wasn't ruled a HR, but it was still fun.

For Adam's ITPHR I was in the front row in CF in front of the rooftop bar so I was basically looking down at the top of Nyjer Morgan's head as he failed to come up with the ball.

Bring home a win.  

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Second time in my life I've seen an Oriole go all the way around the bases here at Nats Park.

First time, Adam Jones hit a fly to CF, right near the fence, and Nyjer Morgan tried to make a great catch at the fence and it glanced off his glove and Nyjer couldn't figure out where it was for several seconds, and Adam went all the way around the bases for an ITP HR.

Guess this wasn't ruled a HR, but it was still fun.

For Adam's ITPHR I was in the front row in CF in front of the rooftop bar so I was basically looking down at the top of Nyjer Morgan's head as he failed to come up with the ball.

I assume this is true. I saw they had 31k last night. Didn’t look like it on TV. 

11 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Gunnar is the best pure baseball plus athlete this franchise has had in many years. I’m having a real difficult time coming up with anyone else to be honest. He is the total package. May have been better athletes but not a baseball combo. Brady was a combo. 

Jeffery Hammonds was best athlete I ever saw as an Orioles.  Unfortunately he hurt his knee and never was the same.  He was an outstanding football player in high school and many said if he concentrated on that could have been NFL running back.