What to watch for last 6 games

eddie83

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If there is no competitive reason for the game to take place they should cancel it.

No offense to Judge but you don't play a game just for the sake of one player accumulating stats.

It doesn't have to be just for Judge. What if Santander has 34 homers? I'm sure he would love the opportunity to get 35.

Just now, rm5678 said:

It doesn't have to be just for Judge. What if Santander has 34 homers? I'm sure he would love the opportunity to get 35.

Yea, I'm good.

If it is needed for playoff seeding sure.  If it is needed for draft order...maybe.  If it is needed so a guy can maybe hit a dong?  Nah, I'm good.

I can just see Adley tearing his ACL in a meaningless game.

• Upvote 1

One spot left in AL. Seeding up for grabs. 

x- TOR 88-69

x- TB 86-71 

SEA 85-70

HOU clinched 1 seed. Yanks set at 2, CLE 3.  

I know it’s Orioles talk… but in NL Braves won vs METS tonight. They are tied. Next 2 days are on National TV.  Mets win one win would have tiebreak. 2nd place team gets #4 seed. LAD set as #1 seed. NL East winner #2. STL is a #3 seed. Albert hit 701 tonight as well. 

Phillies won Game 1 vs Nats, Game 2 rained out. Scheduled day night DH tomorrow. Brewers won. Two WC spots left. 
Phils have tiebreak vs both. SD over MIL  

SD 86-70  down 2-1 bottom 5 vs CWS

PHI 84-72

MIL 84-73 

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If there is no competitive reason for the game to take place they should cancel it.

No offense to Judge but you don't play a game just for the sake of one player accumulating stats.

But you do for the gate. They'll play. 

I want to see good performances from the starting pitchers.   I want to see good, competitive at bats and defense.  In short, I want us to look like a team competing for a playoff spot, even though we’re not.  I don’t want to see a team that looks like it’s on fumes playing out the string.   

The pitchers certainly held up their end last night.  The offense, not so much.