Who do you want to win the NL pennant?

Frobby

Who do you want to win the NL pennant?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the NL pennant?

• Atlanta
    • Los Angeles
    • New York
    • Philadelphia
    • St. Louis
    • San Diego

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/22 at 21:00

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Sign me up for the young kids in Atlanta.

I like how they are building that franchise.

Promote them early and extend them.

Agreed.  ATL is fun.  They're on to something good running the org.  From an org perspective, ATL and LAD are at a different level in the NL it seems.

• Like 1

I went with Manny and the Padres.  Manny has had an MVP caliber season while Tatis has embarrassed himself and Soto has been a huge disappointment.  

I’d probably go with Buck and the Mets second, even though I generally hate all NY teams and have a special loathing for the Mets due to their affront of beating the Orioles in the WS when I was 12.   In this case, my fondness for Buck would make it OK for the Mets to win. 

The Cards are a great organization, but it annoys me how everything always goes right for them, like Pujols suddenly awakening from an 8-9 year nap.  Their fans are good but have rarely had to suffer at all in my lifetime.   They’ve had enough happiness.  

Philly -don’t like their fans, don’t like Harper.   

LA - enough of them, already.  

Atlanta - they won last year, let someone else have a turn.  

• Upvote 2

Padres > Mets > Phillies > Braves > Dodgers > Cardinals

So I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of that Padres/Mets series. 

Padres first-- I generally default to teams with less of a World Series history (spread out those championships!) and I like watching a lot of their players. It'd be nice to see Machado win one.

I still cringe a bit at rooting for any NY teams in any sport, but I've lived in Queens for 6 years, have some friends who root for the Mets, and would like to see Buck go far. And I didn't witness that '83 series. 🙂

Not interested in any of the rest, especially not the Dodgers/Cardinals. The Dodgers are so unbelievably good they arguably deserve more than the 1 WS win in their current dynasty, but they're gonna keep getting their chances every year. 

Edited by Spy Fox

I would enjoy watching the Padres starting rotation and see how it holds up.

Am not behind either NY team, although I wish DeGrom could be in the World Series spotlight.

Not particularly fond of any of the AL teams, but if I had to make a choice it would be the Mariners or Rays (vs. the Padres).

I watched almost all of the Dodgers games this year, plus a good smattering of the other contenders’ games. The Dodgers were by far the most accomplished, professional..and most importantly.. FUN of the lot. I say this (despite my name) not being an innate Dodger fan. My mom is the blue fanatic. Plus Hanser Alberto is on the team! How could you not love them just for that? I love Manny, but it’s kinda hard to root for him in the same way as Hanser.

• Upvote 1

San Diego vs. Philly in the NLCS.   Manny vs. Harper.   Either way, it’s a wild card team that finished at least 14 games out in its own division.   I’ll be rooting for Manny and the Padres, but it’s not exactly the battle of the titans.