BA/Meoli’s projected 2026 lineup and rotation

Frobby

On 11/22/2022 at 12:07 PM, RZNJ said:

Hell of a coincidence that his list will line up perfectly with BA's top 100.   Every player you see in his top ten will be in the same exact order when BA comes out with their top 100.

I listened yesterday to Meoli’s appearance on the On the Verge podcast from earlier this week.   He definitely left me with the impression that he decides the order of the list, not BA.   

A few tidbits from the podcast:

- Stowers is on the list because BA uses a criterion based solely on at bats, not service time.

- Asked what Stowers needs to do to earn more playing time, Meoli said he needs to show his weak defensive performance was an anomaly.

- Beavers would have been no. 11 on the list.   Meoli thinks he has a good chance to have a Stowers-like jump from Hi A to AA to AAA during 2023.

- Meoli thinks the O’s will handle Cowser in 2023 like they did Stowers this year, i.e., he won’t be up until sometime in August and will still have rookie status in 2024.   

- He thinks Holliday will be on the Gunnar 2021 trajectory and go from Delmarva to Aberdeen to Bowie by year’s end.  

- A year from now he thinks the top 5 will be Holliday, Cowser, Mayo, whoever our 2023 first round pick is, and Basallo.   

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I listened yesterday to Meoli’s appearance on the On the Verge podcast from earlier this week.   He definitely left me with the impression that he decides the order of the list, not BA.   

- Stowers is on the list because BA uses a criterion based solely on at bats, not service time.

- Asked what Stowers needs to do to earn more playing time, Meoli said he needs to show his weak defensive performance was an anomaly.

- Beavers would have been no. 11 on the list.   Meoli thinks he has a good chance to have a Stowers-like jump from Hi A to AA to AAA during 2023.

- Meoli thinks the O’s will handle Cowser in 2023 like they did Stowers this year, i.e., he won’t be up until sometime in August and will still have rookie status in 2024.   

- He thinks Holliday will be on the Gunnar 2021 trajectory and go from Delmarva to Aberdeen to Bowie by year’s end.  

- A year from now he thinks the top 5 will be Holliday, Cowser, Mayo, whoever our 2023 first round pick is, and Basallo.   

I did watch that and agree that it sounds like his list and his order.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I emailed BA and asked if the beat writer was solely responsible for the order of the top ten.  J.J. Cooper is very quick to respond once again.

“It is a collaborative effort. For example, I'm currently on a 3-hour zoom meeting as we discuss the top 10s for 4 West teams. We get everyone together and vet the rankings. We make suggestions to the writer and try to get to a level of agreement. But we want as best we can the rankings/grades match across teams, so it's a very collaborative effort.”

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1