“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

3 hours ago, Es4M11 said:

With any luck they are steering clear of this group of SS. I'm nearly certain every one of them is going to be bad deal in the end.

I'd really rather they just throw all the money at one of the older starting pitchers on 2/3 yr deals. I'd do 2/90 or 3/130 for Verlander or Degrom in a heartbeat. About half that for Bassitt. Those would also probably be bad deals, but the upside is greater too. Anyway, I'm off topic.

Yep - go get deGrom or Verlander if you can. We haven't had an ace since Mussina and desperately need one. If Grayson or DL becomes the second ace then you have a serious chance at a WS. Otherwise its all meaningless. 

Edited by Stram

Bassitt's gotten his view of the deGrom outcome promptly.

The AAV hits me low, but they paid in years.

Legitimizes TEX as a player in the 6th best AL team mix.   As bad as back of their rotation was, its basically the Bemboom -->  Adley upgrade even if its 135 innings.     

Game theory wise I guess it could be better if AL West behind Houston have both SEA-TEX around 85-87, which this could help.

Mets beat guy has tweeted Mets never got to a final offer.

Edited by Just Regular