Would you sell the farm for 2 years of Burnes?

interloper

11 minutes ago, tabletop said:

Well then I change my answer to yes.

Of the 3, I think Holliday would be the most at risk of actually being in play considering the O's have SS  options closer to the big leagues. But I don't think they'd give him up for 2 years of control. I think they'd argue hard about that fact. 

Edited by interloper

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

Of the 3, I think Holliday would be the most at risk of actually being in play considering the O's have SS  options closer to the big leagues. But I don't think they'd give him up for 2 years of control. I think they'd argue hard about that fact. 

There is zero chance Holliday is dealt or would even be in consideration of being dealt.

Edited by Sports Guy

If you are trying to exchange your five $20's for the $100 bill, the BTV projections guess:

Burnes 78.3 (2 years of field value worth ~107, salary ~29) equals Hall 25, Cowser 25, Westburg 16, Ortiz 13

They are still trying to win with him to start the year I believe, so he'll scale down to 1.5 rental seasons from where he is now if it runs bad.

All four of our guys there have appreciation potential if they show they can handle the Show.

So we can give him 2years practice in the AL East before he can go sign 11 years 320mil with the Yanks, RSox or Jays? No thanks. Constantly having "Good" players coming out of the farm system to compliment a small core of players, which we develop without having to "trade the farm" (somewhere in the middle of what Braves/Astros are doing) is how we have to win, not ALL top heavy talent. Trading "Good" players before they demand contracts we wont be able to afford is likely what Elias will be doing, not trading for "Good" players before they demand contracts we wont be able to afford. 

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If we had a window to try to reach an extension with Burnes before confirming the trade, I’d be willing to give up quite a lot.  But if all we are trading for is two years of Burnes, I’d be more reluctant to give up a bevy of top prospects.   

Yeah, agree. 

By the way, this is basically what the Astros did when they traded for Verlander. He had about 2 years left on his deal when they traded for him in 2017, and then they extended him in 2019. 

It really all boils down to whether or not you think the Orioles could get him to sign on the dotted line, much less if they had the approval from ownership. We haven't seen Elias extend anyone yet, so it's hard to know. 

1 hour ago, tabletop said:

No, I wouldn't trade Grayson Rodriguez, Gunnar Henderson, or Jackson Holliday. Other than those three they could have whoever they want.

I don't think the Brewers would be interested in a deal then, but if the O's can swing a trade for Burnes while keep those three prospects then you have to at least consider it.

I just don't see the Brewers making a trade if one of the above three isn't included. 

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't think the Brewers would be interested in a deal then, but if the O's can swing a trade for Burnes while keep those three prospects then you have to at least consider it.

I just don't see the Brewers making a trade if one of the above three isn't included. 

Hall, Cowser, Ortiz, Westburg, and Basallo wouldn't be acceptable?

26 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Based on what Luis Castillo went for that’s probably correct. They’ll get a better offer from someone else if they do decide to move him.

Looks like Milwaukee is the 3rd team helping ATL-OAK out with Sean Murphy.

Reading MIL is getting Willson Contreras from ATL to strengthen their C position, so presume OAK preferred some of Milwaukee's prospects to whatever Braves had left.

Brewers look like they are BUYING current wins here (just for cheaper salaries than Renfroe-Wong).    Buy and sell, right.