Are the Orioles done?

interloper

Are the Orioles done?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Orioles done?

• Yep - no more 40-man roster additions. They're rolling with who they have now.
    • Basically - maybe an O'Hearn type or two, but nothing serious.
    • Nah - I still think they'll sign a Wacha/Cueto/Greinke type starting pitcher.
    • Nah - big trade incoming that will reshape this off-season.

This poll is closed to new votes

I think they are probably done for now. Slight chance of them signing a Wacha / Cuetto, but only if they accept a 1 yr deal. The Orioles front office absolutely punted this off-season. My guess is they only acquire something at the trade deadline, and that's only if the team is firmly in the chase.

Only reason i voted for a trade is not because we have needs + surplus assets that fit others needs to deal but also because other teams that have had lackluster offseasons also with needs + surplus in assets that we need... big trade might not be what happens but i think there will be one.

None of the above. I think Elias make two trades.  One.  An outfielder like Kepler, who won’t cost much.  Two.  A starting pitcher.  Some like Lopez, Carrasco, Snell, or someone else.  At this point leaning towards someone on the last year of a contract that also won’t require much capital back.

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

None of the above. I think Elias make two trades.  One.  An outfielder like Kepler, who won’t cost much.  Two.  A starting pitcher.  Some like Lopez, Carrasco, Snell, or someone else.  At this point leaning towards someone on the last year of a contract that also won’t require much capital back.

I would say that's #4. Those trades definitely reshape the off-season IMO anyway. 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

I continue to feel like they have a SP signing in them, albeit a non-exciting one, so I voted for the 3rd option. However, I am not so optimistic to think they will surprise us with a miracle trade. 

I would rather they go with what they have than sign someone like Wacha. 

57 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’m interested to know what indication you have that Elias is willing/capable to make a trade that involves more than minimal roster impact. He hasn’t made any trade or signing that was of any significance his entire tenure. 

16 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’m interested to know what indication you have that Elias is willing/capable to make a trade that involves more than minimal roster impact. He hasn’t made any trade or signing that was of any significance his entire tenure. 

He said he wanted to acquire a #1 -3 starter via FA or trade.  He also said he wanted to acquire a “platoon type of outfielder”.   Despite all of the craziness on OH, I actually think he does what he says.

Just now, RZNJ said:

He said he wanted to acquire a #1 -3 starter via FA or trade.  He also said he wanted to acquire a “platoon type of outfielder”.   Despite all of the craziness on OH, I actually think he does what he says.

I think he views Gibson as that SP, or at least will try to spin it that way. You can already see Roch trying to make the case that OHearn is that LH 1B/OF type. There’s just no indication that he views this group as ready to win now. His big acquisition at the trade deadline last year was Aguilar. For whatever reason, he doesn’t seem to believe in this group, or at least not yet. 

20 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think he wanted to do all of this and ownership reached out to him and was like "um, we are not loosening the purse strings like you may have thought," and Elias has had to change his goals.

12 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I think he wanted to do all of this and ownership reached out to him and was like "um, we are not loosening the purse strings like you may have thought," and Elias has had to change his goals.

We disagree but your speculation is possible.  I think John Angelos and Elias have been on the same page all along.  I don’t think he had the rug pulled out from him.

From the very beginning he said “a lot” of this years payroll increase would come from arbitration.   Some posters envisioned getting both Verlander and Correa.  Now they’re upset.

Liftoff is whatever the beholder seems to want it to mean but all Elias really said that from this point forward he felt the team was in a great place and an upward trajectory.  Posters who read too much into that are now upset.  The team is in a great place and the off season isn’t over.  Chill.

Edited by RZNJ

Well this list on MLB Trade Rumors under "Starting Pitcher Free Agents" USED TO BE 40 Names Long >>>>> 

Starting Pitchers

Chase Anderson (35)
Chris Archer (34)
Kohei Arihara (30)
Dylan Bundy (30)
Johnny Cueto (37)
Zach Davies (30)
Danny Duffy (34)
Zack Greinke (39)
Drew Hutchison (32)
Dallas Keuchel (35)
Chad Kuhl (30)