Are the Orioles done?

interloper

Are the Orioles done?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Orioles done?

• Yep - no more 40-man roster additions. They're rolling with who they have now.
    • Basically - maybe an O'Hearn type or two, but nothing serious.
    • Nah - I still think they'll sign a Wacha/Cueto/Greinke type starting pitcher.
    • Nah - big trade incoming that will reshape this off-season.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That’s why Jake Cave was a sneaky move we made at the very beginning of the offseason. We just lost the waiver wire lotto game. 

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/center-field/available/

Doesn't Daz Cameron qualify as a AAA CF?    I'd bet that Cameron and Cowser will split time between RF and CF down there.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We need to add a depth lefty now that Vespi is injured. When can players be put on the 60 day IL?  We could add Means, Johnson, and Vespi. 

I could still see us adding Wacha or another SP for depth. Maybe a bat like a Pham or Mancini. Our pitching depth could use some work too. 

I didn't get the impression the Vespi would need to go on the 60.   But I could be wroug.

54 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Doesn't Daz Cameron qualify as a AAA CF?    I'd bet that Cameron and Cowser will split time between RF and CF down there.

Yes, forgot about Daz Cameron. He was picked up shortly after Cave was claimed I believe. So perhaps they're covered there, more or less. 

4 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Midseason trades of Santander and Mullins because we are either under .500 or don't "match up well" with playoff teams. Have to keep the rebuild going 

I agree with @Sports Guy that position players generally get more of a return in the offseason. I do think Santander should be dealt before 2024. Mullins, maybe, if a CF emerges. Jud Fabian, maybe, but that isn’t happening this year. I want to see more of Mullins without an infielder playing in RF before I make a firm decision. I will say that if Hays does not make considerable improvement on his swing and decisions, I would move him. Ultimately, I do not think any of those three are on our next World Series contender. I don’t think Mountcastle will be either. 

6 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Midseason trades of Santander and Mullins because we are either under .500 or don't "match up well" with playoff teams. Have to keep the rebuild going 

I agree with @Sports Guy that position players generally get more of a return in the offseason. I do think Santander should be dealt before 2024. Mullins, maybe, if a CF emerges. Jud Fabian, maybe, but that isn’t happening this year. I want to see more of Mullins without an infielder playing in RF before I make a firm decision. I will say that if Hays does not make considerable improvement on his swing and decisions, I would move him. Ultimately, I do not think any of those three are on our next World Series contender. I don’t think Mountcastle will be either. 

Edited by Jammer7

3 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Somehow I get the impression that you really agree with SG.

• Haha 2

On 1/5/2023 at 10:33 AM, NCRaven said:

Rolling Stones and Ok Go references in the same post. 🤪

I thought it was a Joey Tribbiani reference....

On 1/5/2023 at 5:56 PM, spiritof66 said:

I disagree, but that's OK.

Has Elias earned your respect that he knows whether and when to trade a prospect to fill the team's needs? I wouldn't think so.

Your'e being too soft.  He can have my respect when he wins me a god dang World Series.  

On 1/5/2023 at 6:13 PM, Sports Guy said:

So Elias got lucky last year with health, had some guys play well out of nowhere and benefitted from a down offensive year and the fences being moved back and now he’s infallible?  

He can’t be questioned? We just say, yep Elias is right. It’s fine that we didn’t upgrade. 

You can do all of that and have that thought process.  I prefer to field a better team though.

Like they did last year.  I kid.  I kid.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:03 AM, Sports Guy said:

Speaking of cringe….

Do you think ownership made Elias sign Frazier and block younger, cheaper players?  Think ownership is telling Elias not to trade guys?

I think it's Brady Anderson.

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Bauer was officially released by the dodgers. 

I am not ashamed.  I am in.

24 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Lauer isn’t a bad target. 3 more years of control. Won’t be cheap but not overly expensive either.  Solid numbers.

Would prefer him to be paired with a better acquisition other than Gibson but that idea has a lot of merit imo.

BB-ref says Service Time (01/2023): 4.033  •  Arb Eligible: 2022  •  Free Agent: 2025  for Lauer so that would be two years of control. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jabba72 said:

BB-ref says Service Time (01/2023): 4.033  •  Arb Eligible: 2022  •  Free Agent: 2025  for Lauer so that would be two years of control. 

Lauer has two years of control remaining. Ramon Urias has four. Urias for Lauer + Comp Pick B, makes a lot of sense. Hummer Lauer and a bat like Mancini/Voit, and we’re good to go. But Bauer and Lauer has a good ring to it.