Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

8 hours ago, baltfan said:

He also is 0-3.  He is struggling a bit. 

Still walked twice but yea he has been struggling.

He is 10 for his last 53 including tonight.

That said, he has 16 BBs in that time frame, so it’s not all bad.  

He now has 15 steals…Fabian stole his 19th base.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

Kid has gone ice cold. Only still in A-ball. Any hopes that he would a late season push are gone now. Mid 2024 now seems premature. Just gone completely cold. As I said weeks ago when he was hitting over .400 that his BABIP was unsustainable and he was SCREAMING regression. Still think he's a top prospect, but yea, this is a reality check. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mr-splash said:

Kid has gone ice cold. Only still in A-ball. Any hopes that he would a late season push are gone now. Mid 2024 now seems premature. Just gone completely cold. As I said weeks ago when he was hitting over .400 that his BABIP was unsustainable and he was SCREAMING regression. Still think he's a top prospect, but yea, this is a reality check. 

The idea that Holliday would be in the majors this year was always ludicrous.  That said, I have little doubt that he’ll emerge from this slump and earn his way to Bowie in the next 4-6 weeks, if not sooner.   

Quite frankly, I think he’s just bored in Aberdeen now.  Even if it is a mini-slump, I think seeing Fabian getting moved up will fire him up a bit and act as motivation.

I expect another hot streak very soon and a move to Bowie before the end of July. 

Related, I think if they moved him to AA now as is, he’d handle it well.  Not suggesting that they should do that, just a hunch I have after watching how he’s handled himself this year.  Very impressed watching him in person for a week at ST and in about 1/4 of his games on MiLB.tv. 

5 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Quite frankly, I think he’s just bored in Aberdeen now.  Even if it is a mini-slump, I think seeing Fabian getting moved up will fire him up a bit and act as motivation.

I expect another hot streak very soon and a move to Bowie before the end of July. 

Related, I think if they moved him to AA now as is, he’d handle it well.  Not suggesting that they should do that, just a hunch I have after watching how he’s handled himself this year.  Very impressed watching him in person for a week at ST and in about 1/4 of his games on MiLB.tv. 

I hope he's the type of player that doesn't need someone to fire him up and motivate him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I hope he's the type of player that doesn't need someone to fire him up and motivate him.

Like any teenager these days, especially one of his pedigree, when things don’t move as fast as they’d probably like to see, I’m sure it’s hard to maintain success at a level he probably feels like is below where he wants to be. 

5 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Like any teenager these days, especially one of his pedigree, when things don’t move as fast as they’d probably like to see, I’m sure it’s hard to maintain success at a level he probably feels like is below where he wants to be. 

I'd rather not paint any group with that broad a brush.

39 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

He's in a slump because he's bored? Frankly, that is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Mr-splash said:

Huh?? What reality check?

You do know that baseball is a game of streaks right? You didn’t think that at 19 he would go .400/.500/1.000 for the season did you? And if you did, could you name 5 19 year olds in the HISTORY of the game who have done that?

Lastly, who thought that it was remotely plausible that he would be a late season call up?

8 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

He's in a slump because he's bored? Frankly, that is ridiculous. 

Is it really though?  We’ve seen plenty of times where guys aren’t being challenged enough, and with a move up, we see the stagnation come to an end and the production starts to trend back upwards. I’m talking across the board, not just in our system. While I don’t have the names to back it up on tap, I think there’s more than my anecdotal account to back that up with.