2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Not surprised to see Hays out again. He already seemed banged up even before he ran into the wall last night. I wish they would just IL him for the 15 and let him rest up. Bring up Cowser for another try, assuming Hicks still isn’t ready. 

Is rather see McKenna in LF than Frazier. He’s not much worse of a hitter and a clearly superior defender. 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Frazier in our LF. Seems like a fabulous plan.  Luckily Gibson is a GB pitcher.

Not exactly our A lineup today.  But Frazier has been competent when he plays OF.  Even OAA, which hates him at 2B, has him at 0 as an OF. UZR, Rtot and Rdrs all have him in the plus column as an OF.  

Could definitely see some pinch hitting today if the  need arises.  

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Not surprised to see Hays out again. He already seemed banged up even before he ran into the wall last night. I wish they would just IL him for the 15 and let him rest up. Bring up Cowser for another try, assuming Hicks still isn’t ready. 

Hays has an .858 OPS in August, 1.063 since August 15.   He’s not going on the DL.

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Frazier in our LF. Seems like a fabulous plan.  Luckily Gibson is a GB pitcher.

Assuming Hays is banged up. That leaves Frazier and McKenna. I have no problem with Frazier there with McKenna off the bench when they bring in a LHP. I know you disagree with him being on the team but as long as he is on the team this seems like a very reasonable spot for him. 

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not exactly our A lineup today.  But Frazier has been competent when he plays OF.  Even OAA, which hates him at 2B, has him at 0 as an OF. UZR, Rtot and Rdrs all have him in the plus column as an OF.  

Could definitely see some pinch hitting today if the  need arises.  

Wonder how often he has played in LF in OPaCY?

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hays has an .858 OPS in August, 1.063 since August 15.   He’s not going on the DL.

It's kind of a marvel watching him hobble around the bases but then also make a huge running catch full steam into the LF wall. And to your point he's still hitting, which is also weird. Might as well ride him as long as you can with OF reinforcements likely coming 9/1. 

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Wonder how often he has played in LF in OPaCY?

Looks like one other game, July 30 vs. NYY.  Anyway, his presence in LF was a non-event today.  There was one ball hit over his head that I doubt anyone could have caught.  It wasn’t too relevant to the outcome of this crappy game.  Maybe Frazier should nave pitched instead of playing LF.