2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

If they did the whole hype video, call up promotion for Cowser that they didn’t do for Ortiz, and then send Cowser back down after a cup of coffee like they did for Ortiz, how is that going to make Ortiz feel? /s 

Seriously though, very strange Cowser didn’t play yesterday given the lefties starting today/tomorrow. Why even keep him on the MLB roster on the bench if they are planning to option him for an arm as soon as they need one? He should be starting but worst thing they can do is just have him not playing at all. Makes me think it won’t be Cowser that goes and they wanted to defer to Hicks for the first game after the break for veteranosity or something. 

51 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Probably because they are winning with what they have.  What is it now?   A 6 game win streak?

Cowser plays in the first 5 of those wins, gets on base every game including scoring 6 runs and now he's riding the bench.  Doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

How did the first 2 go?

I mean, I understand this type of response, but seriously, come September, what will be more important, giving these ABs to Hicks or getting Cowser more acclimated to the bigs. This feels short sighted. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DirtyBird said:

He will get reps tonight if we get into their pen

He just needs consistent ABs. I get that he didn't come up and hit right off the bat like Adley, Gunnar, and Jordan, but give him some time. I guess they're winning, so don't fix it until it breaks.

Just now, IPlayGM said:

I mean, I understand this type of response, but seriously, come September, what will be more important, giving these ABs to Hicks or getting Cowser more acclimated to the bigs. This feels short sighted. 

Come September, the most important thing will be making a run at the division title. So, whoever gives a better chance to do that should be getting the AB’s