2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Would be good to give Mullins the day off.  Is he really 100%.  DH Adley, he gets a day off tomorrow. 

Adley DH'd last night, you don't usually see the same catcher playing a day game after a night game, I'm sure McCann won't be behind the plate.

If we wanted to field the best defensive team possible with our current roster, it would probably look like this:

C  McCann (better at controlling the run game, at least)

1B Mountcastle 

2B Westburg

SS Mateo

3B Urias

LF Hays

CF Mullins

RF McKenna

No Adley, No Gunnar, No Santander.  

I guess hitting matters too!  

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

With Gunnar seemingly locked in against all pitching now, It seems that the IF choice vs LHP has come down to Urias v Mateo lately. And Mateo is getting the call more often than not. 

He's hit a few at 'em's that were caught and his defense has finally returned to last year's magnificent level the last few games. I think they sense the possibility of a return to something like his first-month performance. If he doesn't, Urías/Westburg/Henderson/Frazier are a great squad to cover the IF.

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

With Gunnar seemingly locked in against all pitching now, It seems that the IF choice vs LHP has come down to Urias v Mateo lately. And Mateo is getting the call more often than not. 

Kiss of death here for Gunnar tonight.    I hope the baseball Gods didn't see this one.

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

He's hit a few at 'em's that were caught and his defense has finally returned to last year's magnificent level the last few games. I think they sense the possibility of a return to something like his first-month performance. If he doesn't, Urías/Westburg/Henderson/Frazier are a great squad to cover the IF.

They can also afford to bat him 9th and give him more time to see if he will break out. Doesn’t seem likely but in the meantime there are certainly worse guys to have in the 9 slot. 

• Upvote 1