2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

McCann is hitting .000 in Thursday night games on natural grass when facing a pitcher for the second time in a season in April and the temperature is below 60 degrees.

Note:  FYI, small sample size.

During the broadcast last night, they showed a graphic that shpwed Frazier's splits for night vs. day. I believe he was hitting .100 at night.

Has anyone ever taken this split seriously like they do LHP vs. RHP?

Santander has been playing good defense the last couple weeks. Plus he has a stronger arm than some of his outfielder teammates. It's really curious to me why they don't put him in RF at times like today when they could really use him there. His games in Chicago proved he can handle it.

12 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

And McKenna! I wonder if Santander is hurting as well as Hays. 

McKenna makes sense with Hays out in left field because of his defense. Unless Santander is dinged up, I'd rather have him in RF with McCann at DH. But hey, because I said this Frazier will go 3-for-4.

I think that Santander is the first outfielder voted off of Oriole Island when it comes to the trade deadline.  We have ready replacements for RF and he's a free agent after 2024.  While he doesn't place our defense in jeopardy, he probably is our weakest link there.

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think that Santander is the first outfielder voted off of Oriole Island when it comes to the trade deadline.  We have ready replacements for RF and he's a free agent after 2024.  While he doesn't place our defense in jeopardy, he probably is our weakest link there.

What if some of the prospects have more trade value? Which is stands a good chance that some of them do. Of course, I'm not talking about trading your highest rated guys in Grayson, Holiday, Gunnar, or Cowser. But some of the rest could still hold higher value than Santander. Or at least package some of the redundant assets who are can't all share the same positions.

Trading Santander is not mutually exclusive when it comes to trading some of the prospects, either separately or as part of a multi-player trade.  I'm definitely not extending Santander beyond his current team control.  And, I'm even more definitely not giving him a qualifying offer when he reaches free agency.  So trading him at the deadline this season or during the off season makes the most sense for him.

Edited by NCRaven

1 hour ago, Big Mac said:

Roch just tweeted that Hays "will try to swing the bat in a few days"...if that is the case why in the world do they not just IL him? 

They did this last year with Hays, it's almost like they're doing him a solid in order to chip away at his injury prone label. 

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

Trading Santander is not mutually exclusive when it comes to trading some of the prospects, either separately or as part of a multi-player trade.  I'm definitely not extending Santander beyond his current team control.  And, I'm even more definitely giving him a qualifying offer when he reaches free agency.  So trading him at the deadline this season or during the off season makes the most sense for him.

You would want to give Santander a qualifying offer?