Grayson Rodriguez 2023

Just Regular

11 minutes ago, connja said:

That was beautiful. Exactly what we all hoped he was capable of.  He may still have some ups and downs the rest of this season, but very excited to watch him pitching for us the next few years.

The only real knock on him in the minors was he hadn’t shown he could go deep in games.  He answered that question big time tonight.   He’s learning something every time he goes out there.  It’s scary how good he could be if he stays healthy.  Scary for other teams, that is. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The only real knock on him in the minors was he hadn’t shown he could go deep in games.  He answered that question big time tonight.   He’s learning something every time he goes out there.  It’s scary how good he could be if he stays healthy.  Scary for other teams, that is. 

Correct.   Seems to have his head on straight too.   What a pleasant thought on  the Orioles will go as far in AL East  and beyond as Grayson and Gunnar take them.  

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I remember a thread on here back when Grayson had been sent down asking who would be our best starter by playoff time and when I said Grayson, people bashed me for it.

Wonder what those same people think now?

I’d still go with Bradish, but if he’s 1A, Grayson is 1B.  Not a lot to choose from.  

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I remember a thread on here back when Grayson had been sent down asking who would be our best starter by playoff time and when I said Grayson, people bashed me for it.

You definitely stuck your neck out early on that one so I will give you credit!

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I'd still say Bradish. I've been saying since April he's going to be our best pitcher this season.

26 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I was one of those people who was skeptical of that happening this season. I don’t think I ever “bashed” you. If I did I apologize because I was absolutely wrong. And glad to be so!

If we had the reserve clause, I think I think Grayson would have been the Orioles #1 by around when covid struck, but it is nice to have the good thing come after all the waiting.

There are myriad things a Player can do to increase their life mastery of the game of baseball, so a Club can always get to something that sounds plausible if they are temporizing.

The outcomes of the next rotation run before his turn again could put the load on him for the final two weeks anywhere between 0 and 100.    It is possible he doesn't have to throw truly hot again until October 9th if they give Bradish an ALDS Game 1.

I maintain what I have been saying a few times the past couple of weeks. If it's a 6 man rotation, it should be...

Bradish

Rodriguez 

Means

Kremer

Gibson

Irvin

The back part of that could be swapped around but the top 3 are set in my mind... Bradish, Grayson, then a Left Hander. 

However, I can easily see Grayson becoming the legitimate unquestioned Ace of our Pitching staff during next season. 

Like all the greatest have done throughout their careers, Grayson still has a few things he can continue to develop and adjust... But even so, he is quickly becoming the dominant starting pitcher we had always dreamed he could be.

So do we go into next season with a rotation of Bradish, Means, Rodriguez, Wells, and Kremer?  That could be a solid rotation.  Is there an urgent need to go get a top of rotation type  via free agency or trade?  I don't know that we need to.   This group with another year of experience under their collective belts could be very good.