Looks like this is how the rotation shakes out

interloper

I think that's credible.   I'm disappointed but I also understand it.    Wells pitched well last year and his last two starts down here were good.   It would be tough telling him he didn't make the rotation.    The question is, what if Rodriguez dominates and all 5 starters are pitching decently during April and May.

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think that's credible.   I'm disappointed but I also understand it.    Wells pitched well last year and his last two starts down here were good.   It would be tough telling him he didn't make the rotation.    The question is, what if Rodriguez dominates and all 5 starters are pitching decently during April and May.

Super 2 deadline isn't until June so it won't matter. 

Also another minor league rankings will come out by then so they can still include Grayson 😝

Edited by Orioles0615

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sounds like one of them good problems.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I seem to remember getting laughed at all offseason when I said this was a distinct possibility and probably likely to happen.

Yeah, but your rationale was that Elias was going to try to gain another year of control, not that he simply wouldn't earn a spot yet.

25 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You don't think that has anything to do with this?  C'mon.

I think it does to the extent that he struggled some in the spring and now it gives them an excuse.

That said, if he pitches well, he’s on the OD roster.

I also think the early season schedule has something to do with it. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2023 at 11:20 PM, jrobb21613 said:

So are you saying that over the course of his professional career that he’s shown you that he can’t or are just basing it off what you’ve seen this spring? 

I'm basing my opinion on how he has pitched since returning from his injury.  I don't think it's a long-term problem, but why not let him work the kinks out in AAA and then promote him once he is firing on all cylinders?