Appears Grayson pitched his way to AAA to start the year

Tony-OH

If he pitched well this spring, he goes North. He did not and it gave the org every reason to be able to send him back to not only iron out his command and breaking ball issues, but also potentially gain some service time. Probably makes sense overall. Hopefully he'll pitch well and be up sooner than later.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/grayson-rodriguez-orioles-top-pitching-prospect-not-expected-to-make-opening-day-roster-Q5RXWVCHKFACLBFYOZCZF74WZM/?fbclid=IwAR10QETPMYYrbgXRlQy5mpkSZdKhySuqcQnNgEJ9V_QaRzDI7CeMYkjv48Y

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I wanna say it's something like April 17thish.. 

April 14.   But he won’t be up that soon unless there’s an injury.  The O’s will want to see several good starts from him, and the performance of the five starters in the rotation will be relevant.  I’d say late April is the absolute earliest they’d consider a change.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

April 14.   But he won’t be up that soon unless there’s an injury.  The O’s will want to see several good starts from him, and the performance of the five starters in the rotation will be relevant.  I’d say late April is the absolute earliest they’d consider a change.  

Obviously his performance is key, but if he goes down there and has 2 dominant starts, they need to get him up here.  They kept him down too long last year already before the injury.

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Can Hall  make it up before Grayson? Do you know when  Hall gets an extra year what date that would be for him?

Just now, Going Underground said:

Can Hall  make it up before Grayson? Do you know when  Hall gets an extra year what date that would be for him?

Hall has 36 days of major league service.  Therefore, the O’s would need to wait until May 20 to call him up to gain  an extra year.  

I honestly don’t think service time will be the primary motivating factor for decisions on either player.