Wednesday, April 5: Grayson Rodriguez's long awaited debut vs Jacob deGrom

SteveA

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Just not a lot of options that make you feel good out in that pen outside of Bautista and Perez.

No, but no option makes me feel less good than Voth. Knowing they had an off-day would have preferred going inning by inning with our better guys.

Voth as a piggy-back made sense if Grayson only went 3 or 4 or they were getting blown out, but you don't bring your worst reliever into a high leverage situation if you can avoid it and they could have avoided it.

Edited by MurphDogg

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think it's plain to see that Frazier is a significant upgrade.  And I freely admit that I was entirely too harsh about him over the offseason.  

He's not the strikeout guy that Odor was, and that was one thing I think we all missed and underrated.  There's no way Odor goes the other way like that against deGrom.  That was great.

Tooting my own horn on the K% thing...

• Upvote 1

I'm probably just seeing Gunnar at a bad time, but the three games I've at least seen parts of now, he's made a few throwing errors and mishandled a couple balls hit to him at third. He's better than this defensively right?

3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

I'm probably just seeing Gunnar at a bad time, but the three games I've at least seen parts of now, he's made a few throwing errors and mishandled a couple balls hit to him at third. He's better than this defensively right?

All the prospect guys say he should be a GG-quality 3B in time