The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

38 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Let’s not put too much faith in JA comments he can’t afford our stars. I mean he also said he would open the books. He says what he thinks he needs to say. I think he wants to win. 

How does making a public statement about “not affording your stars” in year 1 and 2 jive with “wanting to win”? I’m confused about the positive correlation of the two.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

How does making a public statement about “not affording your stars” in year 1 and 2 jive with “wanting to win”? I’m confused about the positive correlation of the two.

He wants to win.  He just understands that the fans need to want to win as much as he does and support the team in such a way that he can increase payroll.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

He wants to win.  He just understands that the fans need to want to win as much as he does and support the team in such a way that he can increase payroll.

As smart as you are, I believe that you are just playing the role of contrarian with your statement. Because I know that you already know that the O’s received somewhere in the 250-300 million dollar range this offseason from combined revenues. They are spending what 60-70 million on payroll currently? 

Seems like they have more than enough money to increase payroll if desired. 

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

As smart as you are, I believe that you are just playing the role of contrarian with your statement. Because I know that you already know that the O’s received somewhere in the 250-300 million dollar range this offseason from combined revenues. They are spending what 60-70 million on payroll currently? 

Notice my use of italics?

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Said this before, JA and all ownership is hoarding money to retain ownership. If we see zero investment that equals retaining ownership, which is extremely bad for this group. Front office is the only thing that makes me continue to believe, outside of this wonderful group of Orioles! Play on 2023…

Looks like after today the Orioles attendance will be around 1,565,000 with 13 games to go. 

If they average 20,000 a game ,they will draw around 1,825,000.25,000 would be 1,890,000 and 30,000 would be 1,955,000. Should get around 310,000 for the last 13 games,maybe slightly more. 1,850,000 to 1,890,000 looks like a good ending range. Two big crowds left on the schedule. 

Edited by Going Underground

On 8/28/2023 at 10:34 PM, seak05 said:

Pretty much this is what the season ticket base is. You’re not really going to get any walk up sales on a Monday against the white Sox on the fist day of school.

Also why season ticket sales are so important 

Yep..that crowd last year may not have been 10k or maybe just over. So, another few K in ticket sales..probably a microcosm of what was sold season ticket wise for the season…so, a bump of somewhere between 150-200k in ticket sales from season tickets this past offseason. Could be slightly more than that but they are looking at about a half million more tickets sold this year vs last year. Probably 35-50% of that increase is from season tickets and the rest in season sales. That’s just a guess though..nothing concrete.

Season ticket sales should see a major jump this offseason although how John Angelos handles the lease, raising ticket prices, payroll, etc..could help determine that whether people believe in the team or not.

There will be a faction of the fan base that won’t want to give him their money. 

The economy doesn’t help either although I think those that buy the tickets are probably a little less effected by that than most, although some will be for sure.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Season ticket sales should see a major jump this offseason although how John Angelos handles the lease, raising ticket prices, payroll, etc..could help determine that whether people believe in the team or not.

I remember from 2012 that (1) season ticket holders who committed to renew their plans had priority for an extra allotment of playoff tickets, and (2) non-season ticket holders could jump ahead of the general public for playoff tickets by buying a plan for the following year.  So, I imagine the O’s would like to employ both techniques this year to get a head start on 2024 season ticket sales.   However, can you sell tickets when you don’t have a lease on a facility to play your games?   Maybe not.   

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I remember from 2012 that (1) season ticket holders who committed to renew their plans had priority for an extra allotment of playoff tickets, and (2) non-season ticket holders could jump ahead of the general public for playoff tickets by buying a plan for the following year.  So, I imagine the O’s would like to employ both techniques this year to get a head start on 2024 season ticket sales.   However, can you sell tickets when you don’t have a lease on a facility to play your games?   Maybe not.   

Yea I would guess not because I think you would already see them advertising for this. That had already started by now back in 2012 iirc.