Cedric Mullins 2023

interloper

Hoping for good things from Ced this year, but the early going have been a struggle.

37 AB, 2 HR, 4 SB, 79 OPS+

Only 2 hits since the Boston series. The #8 hole experiment against the lefty Sale worked pretty well, but for some reason that was abandoned and he's back to batting leadoff vs lefties since then, to little success. 

Defense has been spotty. 

Bunting for base hits hasn't been a part of his game as of yet. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

If he does this in June, you barely notice.

I agree! Obviously I don't think he will be a sub-.200 hitter. But this thread didn't exist and, well, he's in a funk so I'm just throwing it out there in the OP. Does it make me confident that he's going to rebound to 30/30 Ced? No, it sure doesn't. But I think he'll pretty easily match what he did last year. 

7 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Very good game today other than the base running gaffe. Very good series too!

Yeah, what was he thinking?   Did he think he was going to tag and go to 3B on a shallow liner to LF?   That is atrocious base running but he’s playing great otherwise.

7 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Mullins is starting to look a bit better. With 5 hits and 6 walks he's been on base 11 times in the last four games. 

Two hits to the opposite field and one up the middle. Might want to make a mental note. I really want him to use more of an Ichiro style rather than try and pull it all the time.