Stowers 2023

emmett16

1 minute ago, Otter said:

Isn't it bizarre to think the O's organization would rather give corner OF starts to Frazier and Vavra instead of Stowers?

Evidently they have decided he's not an option, so why didn't they move him before telegraphing that fact to the rest of the league?

Oh wait, we aren't supposed to question their decisions.

Never mind.

Edited by Can_of_corn

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Evidently they have decided he's not an option, so why didn't they move him before telegraphing that fact to the rest of the league?

Oh wait, we aren't supposed to question their decisions.

Never mind.

Exactly.  Because people in positions of authority are never wrong... 😉

1 hour ago, Otter said:

Isn't it bizarre to think the O's organization would rather give corner OF starts to Frazier and Vavra instead of Stowers?

I refuse to believe that the ME-Sig-Bot that drafts and develops so well, thinks Vavra/Frazier are better in RF than Stowers. I put his lack of playing time on Hyde. Stowers should be here over O'Hearn, but that could be a Sig-Bot choice for the 26th man given that Hyde wasn't playing him.

10 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

I refuse to believe that the ME-Sig-Bot that drafts and develops so well, thinks Vavra/Frazier are better in RF than Stowers. I put his lack of playing time on Hyde. Stowers should be here over O'Hearn, but that could be a Sig-Bot choice for the 26th man given that Hyde wasn't playing him.

You put him on the 26 man and tell your manager to play him.

This isn't Buck, Elias is the boss and Hyde is the subordinate. 

They don't want to give him everyday AB's yet in the majors and would rather have him getting everday AB's in the minors until an opportunity (Hays or Santander injury) comes about.     That doesn't mean they have given up on him.

11 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

55 Plate Appearances to those results I posted above.

Remove the last week and the run the numbers again.  He was struggling until about the 20th and then caught fire.  I do expect him to keep it up.  He’s on a torrid 15-20 ABs heater. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They don't want to give him everyday AB's yet in the majors and would rather have him getting everday AB's in the minors until an opportunity (Hays or Santander injury) comes about.     That doesn't mean they have given up on him.

I'm just shocked they promoted him in the first place if he wasn't up to stay.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

It would be curious to get insight into how he’s dealing with the situation.  Very tough place to be as a young player trying to make your way in the game.  Hope h remains steadfast and kills it when he gets his shot. 

15 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

I think their “bot” points to Vavra/Frazier  doing better with fewer/more sporadic ABs.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You put him on the 26 man and tell your manager to play him. This isn't Buck, Elias is the boss and Hyde is the subordinate. 

I don't believe ME-Sig are dictating lineups, just providing advanced performance metrics and suggestions based on today's opponent. Most of the decisions are self evident most days and Hyde gets to decide who to use in RF-DH. The Sig-Bot could see equal future value in Vavra and Stowers for different reasons so the 26th man decision would be a tossup. If Hyde is more willing to play Vavra than Stowers, replace Stowers with O'Hearn as 26th man. I just believe Hyde doesn't like Stowers like Buck and Kim. ME-Sig aren't going to force the issue for the 26th man. IMHO

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Wondering how long you are going to continue to beat the ‘up to stay’ dead horse. It’s a tired act. 

What I find a tired act is people taking a piece of GM speak and acting like it's a fact.

As long as folks keep doing it, I'll point out when it doesn't happen.

Well, Elias said this....

Yea, Elias isn't going to be that rigid folks.