Praising Hyde Thread 2023

Aristotelian

This may not go anywhere as it is more fun to second guess and it seems so for Hyde in particular, but it's only fair we have a thread to talk about what he does right.

A couple of random ones that I have liked so far:

I believe it was in the OAK series in the game we lost, Hyde pinch hit for McCann. This forced Adley to catch and lost the DH. However, even in extras we did not need the pitcher to hit due to Hyde's use of the deep bench. 

It is noteworthy to me how quickly Hyde has elevated the roles of Cano and Baumann. I am pretty sure if it were Buck we would still be seeing Perez and perhaps Akin in big situations.

• Upvote 1

High on Cano too. The Orioles are 13-7. The offense is sporadic in terms of consistent drivers. Who would have guessed Mateo would be our most consistent offensive weapon 20 games in? The pitching has been good - lately. We are beating teams we should beat - so far. Defense has gotten better after a terrible start. In my opinion, given the "givens" - Hyde has steered the team well. Guess all that is just luck?  Didn't take long for a positive to turn negative on here cause negative is what spins many umbrellas!😀

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pulled all the right strings today. 

Yep, three huge calls to win the ballgame. Two IBB's in a tie game. Could have been disastrous but Akin got the job done.

Ran Frazier for Urias and he made two great plays to score. It is quite.possible Urias runs into an out on either play.

• Upvote 1