Thursday, April 27th: Ortiz makes debut against the Tigers

spleen1015

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Don't sleep on the Jays. They are sub .500 right now but they have some talented guys who are underperforming at the moment (Bichette .552, Springer .563, Gausman 4.95, Bassit 5.06). That can change quickly.  Also a cautionary tale that an organization may look like it has an ascendant core but the window can close sooner than you'd think.
    • We very much can afford growing pains.  The goal is to have him ready for October.  We've already survived Holliday's growing pains, and Urias' just regular pains.  Urias has a .497 OPS.  Mayo putting up even a .700 OPS would be huge.  Hays will be back for Kjerstad.  Mayo would come up for Mckenna's spot.  A 5th pure OF isn't needed, because O'Hearn can play some COF, and Mateo/Cowser can back up in CF.   Also, other prospects shouldn't get lumped in with Holliday's struggles.  Each player is different.
    • Good call, I should have brought that up as well. He's evidently very direct to the ball. 15th shortest swing on the leaderboard.
    • Justin Turner is as old as dirt.    Burnes-Berrios should be great couple of big dogs matchup.    Berrios has low key been back to near Cy Young mode after the bad first full season there.     We hit Bassitt well last year. The Blue Jays now are just more fascinating zoomed out.    It is hard to fathom the end result of all this talent is rejection by Adam Frazier at its nearest moment to success. Bo Bichette's offseason quotes about professionalism, etc. I heard as shade at Vlad, and the front office got the very Justin Turner he tampered with.    That stuff is I guess okay if it is just prominent MLBPA members talking about each other. Toronto is 29th YTD in WAA at shortstop.      The baseball gods to Bo are kind of on "your move, chief".    He got dropped in the lineup after a "team meeting" Tuesday-ish but they haven't surged yet.     They still could.  
    • His swing is also very short. IIRC it’s under 7 feet, shortest I could see on the O’s.
  • Popular Contributors