Saturday, May 6: Orioles in Atlanta, try to win 8th consecutive series

SteveA

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

This was a tough one to take...just needed 5 outs...and couldnt get it...our bullpen finally collapsed....Danny finally coughed it up...really tough loss...

What sucked was he grooved one.   Not even a competitive pitch.  Pillar hit it to the moon.  

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

This was a tough one to take...just needed 5 outs...and couldnt get it...our bullpen finally collapsed....Danny finally coughed it up...really tough loss...

Yeah but it was a competitive game against maybe the best pitcher in baseball. 

Can’t win em all.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well when you use like every reliever in almost every game, you are going to wear guys down. It's what Hyde does.

I think the starting staff has to take some share of the blame. Even in games where we have been up big early like 9-1, 6-1, we find a way to get the other team back in the game quickly.

Concerning loss tbh. Could send a young team spiraling. 

Adley has got to be better than he has the last 2 weeks. 

Mateo is falling off the cliff. 

Bullpen is gassed. Bautista can barely throw strikes. 

We need reinforcements. Cowser, Westburg, Tate, Givens. Lets Go!

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

That’s an Orioles loss if I’ve ever seen one. Gunnar Henderson is not a MLB player right now. We were told he would be elite at 3rd. Lol. Come on now. Would love to know why Cano wasn’t available tonight.

He is 21.  Cal Ripken was horrible for his first two months in his rookie season.  Markakis was suck his first two months.  You leave the true talents in there till they figure it out.  Gunnar is going to be all star worthy soon enough.  He just has to take his lumps.

Where I am most pissed is the crap pitching.  We need better.  We should of got better.  The whole pitching staff being a number five level talent with all the starters is what is killing us. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

As Ben always says, win today and worry about tommorrow when tommorrow comes. Gibson is on the mound and I'd be confident Gibson can go depe in the game.

I wish I could share that confidence. Even if he does, it could be like last start against Kansas City where that was very far from a quality start. 6 and 2/3 but not good.

9 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Concerning loss tbh. Could send a young team spiraling. 

Adley has got to be better than he has the last 2 weeks. 

Mateo is falling off the cliff. 

Bullpen is gassed. Bautista can barely throw strikes. 

We need reinforcements. Cowser, Westburg, Tate, Givens. Lets Go!

Oh please.   Have you watched this team all year?   They get knocked down and get right back up.   They never give up.

A close game between two of the best teams in baseball and one team was slightly better.   It's not the start of a spiral.

Of course lots of people thought our win against KC Thursday was somehow the start of a spiral too,