Saturday, May 6: Orioles in Atlanta, try to win 8th consecutive series

SteveA

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I heard on the O's radio broadcast before the bottom of the 8th that he was unavailable tonight.

Well when you use like every reliever in almost every game, you are going to wear guys down. It's what Hyde does.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunk35 said:

Hyde tried to get cute. Had the game where we wanted tonight and he's playing for tomorrow.

You kind of have to this early in the season. Especially when our starters have been as ineffective as they have been. Most of our bullpen guys have had to pitch WAY TOO much.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I love the Gunnar signature "I'll do it myself" double play. Plenty of SS will do that on occasion, but he really seems to just prefer to do it all himself unless he really needs to feed the ball to the 2B. 
    • I’m still not sure Gunnar had his toe on 2B when the ball finally arrived.  Sloppy toss by Mateo. Gunnar’s subsequent unassisted DP was his 6th of the year, tying him for the major league lead.  He led the majors last year with 13, despite starting only 64 games at short (playing another 19 as defensive sub).   His rate per game of unassisted DP’s is down, but he’s on pace for about 22 which would smash last year’s league-leading total.   Gunnar loves to call his own number.  
    • Holliday now has 120 AB in AAA this year: .275/.429/.458/.887, 4 HR, 10 2B, 3 SB. Overall, very good, especially the OBP. But it's hard to learn much from the statline when guys like Daniel Johnson are also lighting it up down there.  What are folks' thoughts on the following: If he continues roughly an .850+ pace, what is the right time to bring him back up? How will Elias know when to bring him up - what is he looking for beyond the statline? Exit velo? More XBH? Some nuanced, hard-to-quantify stuff relayed by AAA coaches? 
    • I don’t really follow this.  The O’s are looking to put their best lineup on the field, and to have flexibility.   If the choice is Mayo at 3B with Holliday in CF (Westburg at 2B) vs. Mayo in RF and Holliday at 2B (Westburg at 3B), I might well think that the Holliday in CF alignment is better.  He’s more athletic and faster than Mayo and probably could adapt more quickly.   I’m not wedded to this, but don’t mind trying it out.  And it’s certainly not because I’m down on Holliday.  
    • That was actually a very poor play by Cowser.  Firstly, he fumbled the ball in the corner (likely the only reason they even sent the runner) and then he made a very bad throw to Mateo that Mateo bailed him out on by jumping 11 feet in the air to catch.
    • Hi Malike. Are you a NY State Police officer?  I had a SC State trooper as a friend and neighbor. He got sent to Iraq and got killed in action, so unfortunate for him and me.
    • You're right, my mistake. It's 15. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now