HELL of a catch by Kyle

banks703

14 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Game thread is inviting you.

I hear you but with all of the talk of Kyle being a liability in the outfield, he’s played pretty well out there when given the run and that deserved a thread in my eyes.

I personally don’t think he’s as bad as some think. That ball he caught today is THE hardest play for an outfielder to make - hit right at you, over your head. 

So far, to me it looks like Kyle deserves more PT. 

Edited by banks703
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

I hear you but with all of the talk of Kyle being a liability in the outfield, he’s played pretty well out there when given the run and that deserved a thread in my eyes.

I personally don’t think he’s as bad as some think. That ball he caught today is THE hardest play for an outfielder to make - hit right at you, over your head. 

So far, to me it looks like Kyle deserves more PT. 

I would love to see Kyle get some regular at bats, I'm with you.

11 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Got a video?

I don’t but I’m sure it’ll be on the highlights. It was maybe 1/4 notch below Ced’s spectacular grabs recently but as I mentioned, the ball hit straight at you that goes over your head is the hardest play for an outfielder, especially a corner outfielder. It was a really nice grab. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If only he wasn’t such a liability in the field.

LOL yeah. He’s so awful. 🙄

If McKenna makes a mistake in the field in substitution of Kyle, he better not board the plane back to Baltimore. The Hangout will come unhinged. 

Stowers has made some very nice looking catches this year. When he gets to the ball, he seems to catch it.

The difficulty is that so much of an outfielders skill level happens before they get to the ball. With stowers sometimes (and santander and hays) it’s hard to know if it’s a relatively easy catch they’re making look difficult, or a difficult catch.

Stowers doesn’t have enough data yet this year, but last year him jump, and his feet covered were both very poor.