I'd rather see Ortiz, Westburg, Cowser and Stowers than Urias, Mateo, Frazier, and Vavra

DocJJ

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

He needs a reset. At the game his at bats were non competitive. Did he hit the ball fair or foul till the last 2 at bats. He looked demoralized  Send him down and hopefully he gets his confidence back. 

They did send him down and he did fine in Norfolk. Not sure what is going on with him but he's in a bad way.

6 minutes ago, JustLearning said:

They did send him down and he did fine in Norfolk. Not sure what is going on with him but he's in a bad way.

I certainly wouldn't send Gunnar down, and I would probably keep Stowers on the 26, but cut back on his playing time.  As stated, he was sent down and immediately hit in Norfolk.  He can hit in Norfolk; the question is can he hit in Baltimore?

Just now, Pickles said:

I certainly wouldn't send Gunnar down, and I would probably keep Stowers on the 26, but cut back on his playing time.  As stated, he was sent down and immediately hit in Norfolk.  He can hit in Norfolk; the question is can he hit in Baltimore?

If I had to guess once he figures it out he will be a .250 ish hitter with 25 hr power.   Problem is he is taking a while getting going.  He isnt a industry regarded prospect and Cowser is likely to out play him right now.  This pennant race is likely to be neck and neck if we can manage to squeek a playoff spot.  We cant really afford to throw games away in this division.  I think we should let Cowser have Stower's playing time.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

If I had to guess once he figures it out he will be a .250 ish hitter with 25 hr power.   Problem is he is taking a while getting going.  He isnt a industry regarded prospect and Cowser is likely to out play him right now.  This pennant race is likely to be neck and neck if we can manage to squeek a playoff spot.  We cant really afford to throw games away in this division.  I think we should let Cowser have Stower's playing time.

I think they give it a month.

1 hour ago, Os4days said:

I read somewhere that McKenna is a little dinged up which is why Vavra went in as the defensive replacement in RF. 

Yes, McKenna has been dealing with a sore back which is why he hasn't played recently. He said he was available for today's game, but I'm not sure if Hyde agreed with that.