Stowers optioned, Gillaspie up

SteveA

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

12 Ks in 30 AB with a killer lefty on the mound. Makes sense to me. Love that Ortiz survives. 

Ohtani is a RHP. 

The Angels OD rotation was actually four lefties + Ohtani but it's been mixed up a bit so it looks like the only lefty we get is Tyler Anderson on Thursday. 

Was hoping he'd get a bit more run but honestly I'm good with this. I could live with some adjustment time at the plate but he really hasn't shown up defensively. Ultimately Santander should be our DH. Could be clearing the path for Cowser. Cowser for O'Hearn next?

4 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So, who starts in RF if Santander is DH? I hope not Vavra or Frazier. If Santander is in RF, then who is the DH (other than when Adley is)? These are the perfect spots for Cowser. He should be able to get 4-5 starts a week. 

Probably O'Hearn or McKenna. Never have enough Ryans on the team.

15 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Stowers is way overmatched right now at the MLB level.  I'm not sure he's who we think he can be.  I hope I'm wrong.

His 33 AB this year have been bad, but he wasn't overmatched during his 98 AB trial last season. I don't know that anyone expects him to be a star, but I don't see anything to suggest that he can't be a solid regular if given time to acclimate. That said, with Coswer looming in the rearview mirror, unless Elias plans to trade one of Hays/Mullins/Santander, Stowers' window of opportunity is small and he certainly isn't seizing it right now.