Blue Jays Series

Moose Milligan

Big series this weekend.  Both teams are 6-4 over their last 10, but the Jays are scheduled to play the Yankees tonight.  We're currently 2.5 up on the Jays for 2nd place in the East, but that could change by tomorrow.

Gibson vs. Kikuchi (3.89)

Rodriguez vs. Manoah (5.40)

Kremer vs. Gausman (3.27)

I'm not sure what in the name of Rance Mulliniks is going on with Manoah this year, but here's hoping we can tattoo him.  I don't think Kikuchi is as good as his ERA indicates, his FIP is 5.46.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Big series this weekend.  Both teams are 6-4 over their last 10, but the Jays are scheduled to play the Yankees tonight.  We're currently 2.5 up on the Jays for 2nd place in the East, but that could change by tomorrow.

I'm not sure what in the name of Rance Mulliniks is going on with Manoah this year, but here's hoping we can tattoo him.  I don't think Kikuchi is as good as his ERA indicates, his FIP is 5.46.

Maybe Mountcastle will get comfy in the dome. He usually likes hitting there. 

I'm looking for 2 high scoring games and a frustrating Sunday. 

Take 2 out of 3 and I'll be happy.

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Agreed on Manoah. Not sure what's going on there. We have always hit Kikuchi well. 

Hoping for an all out, bench and bullpen clearing brawl between the Jays and Yankees tonight, resulting in suspensions and maybe a broken knuckle or two.  Plus a high scoring game that goes into extra innings, requiring each team to use up their entire bullpen.  Is that too much to ask?

15 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

(45) Gibson vs. (20) Kikuchi

(29) Rodriguez vs. (57) Manoah

(39) Kremer vs. (1) Gausman

Added Active Roster standing in K-BB among AL starters to the matchups.

Manoah and Chapman are the big stories so far.    It isn't hard to picture them closer to the Rays if their Cy Young guy hadn't been replaced with these performances so far.     Matt Chapman on a Chris Davis level salary drive.

This is the end of a 10-game homestand that opened spectacular sweeping ATL before NYY came in and took three of four with a lot of drama.     Now they'll see if the homestand ends anywhere between 7-3 or 4-6.

Vlad did get back to pinch hit last night.    Daulton Varsho is having a little bit of the Adam Frazier official "I can hit but gosh I just don't know these AL pitchers" slow start, but Kiermaier is picking him up.

They go to Tampa after us, so its also the middle part of a NYY-BAL-TB AL East intensive run.

Edited by Just Regular