Friday May 19: Orioles at Blue Jays, televised exclusively on Apple+ TV

SteveA

The contrast between Ortiz and Gunnar on defense is striking. Ortiz is graceful anywhere he plays. He glides. His hands are soft; his arm looks strong and accurate. Seems to make good decisions. Gunnar, on the other hand, looks frantic. He always seems to want to get rid of the ball as fast as he can, and I do not trust his arm or his game awareness (like when he dove in front of Mateo on what should have just been Mateo’s ball). I’ve seen him make some good athletic plays, though—he barehands a ball pretty well, and he does have range and good arm strength.

I’m sure I haven’t seen enough of Ortiz to make sweeping pronouncements, but I do like what I see, enough to where I’m wondering if Ortiz can outhit Mateo.

2 minutes ago, Babkins said:

The contrast between Ortiz and Gunnar on defense is striking. Ortiz is graceful anywhere he plays. He glides. His hands are soft; his arm looks strong and accurate. Seems to make good decisions. Gunnar, on the other hand, looks frantic. He always seems to want to get rid of the ball as fast as he can, and I do not trust his arm or his game awareness (like when he dove in front of Mateo on what should have just been Mateo’s ball). I’ve seen him make some good athletic plays, though—he barehands a ball pretty well, and he does have range and good arm strength.

I’m sure I haven’t seen enough of Ortiz to make sweeping pronouncements, but I do like what I see, enough to where I’m wondering if Ortiz can outhit Mateo.

I’m pretty sure he can outhit Frazier. 

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

Curious question, who do you all think the O's can get to replace Voth and Coloumbe for 7-9 innings with a 1 or 2 run lead on days Cano and Bautista are not available??

Baker, Givens

• Upvote 1