Get rid of “Thank God I’m a Country Boy?”

Frobby

Get rid of “Thank God I’m a Country Boy?”  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O’s get rid of “Thank God I’m a Country Boy?”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/23 at 16:49

57 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

And Baltimore is a City.  Not many "Country Boys" to be found there....   If the song was titled, "Thank God I'm a City Boy" that would make more sense.

I like Centerfield by Fogerty, though this might be overdone....  Born to Run by the Boss might work.

Although admittedly it would be completely corny, I'll say Bust a Move by Young MC.

A lot of the fans are from the country though. 

This song had it's day and well beyond, but I think it's time to switch to something more appropriate for baseball, and for today's generation.

The song was fun the 1st time I was at Camden Yards, but now I'm just over it. I'd like to hear something more up to date.

And on that note, I don't understand the whole Fenway Park Sweet Caroline thing either. It's just a really odd song to be singing at a baseball game.

When I was a kid in the 4th grade, our music teacher had us perform a choir style concert for parents and it was all baseball songs. Maybe I am just spoiled by that when it comes to this topic. We sang songs about Sandy Koufax, peanuts and Crackerjacks, and an entire catalog of baseball songs. It was a memorable experience from my childhood.

1 hour ago, UMDTerrapins said:

That’s strictly Pavlovian. If you had grown up with Lola or Bringing on the Heartbreak as our 7th inning song, they would remind you of Baltimore too. But it wouldn’t make them any better suited for the task. 

Def Leppard “Bringing On The Heartbreak” would have been an appropriate anthem for most of the recent seasons. 

• Haha 2