Saturday, May 27: Ryan Mountcastle Bobblehead day vs Rangers

SteveA

Can you really call that a baserunning mistake?  He was stealing and dove.  He didnt know where the ball was and got up and ran when he found out.  Sure in a perfect world he scores but from looking at the replay it seemed pretty cut and dry he did nothing wrong.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Givens is overweight and over the hill....he hasn't helped us...we need young arms..

Yeah, he doesn’t seem to be able to have the athletic posture needed to drop down.  I am not sure he makes it through the year.  

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think the issue is if you admit things are unfair in favor of one group, how do you address that? Or do you just continue to let it be unfair in the same way it’s always been, without even bothering to try to level the field a bit? 

I think the only weird argument though is the people here who seem to think that only white men want to call sports. Like what 😂😂😂

But hey maybe Hays will spark the late inning turnaround 

It's easy to address. Look at the population percentages 73% of MLB players are white, 6% black. If you want to find race in everything and look hard enough you will find it. If you are shocked that a population that represents 6% of the league doesn't have 50% of the jobs, then you simply don't understand math. There also has to be a mutual interest in the said player becoming an announcer. You're taking something statistically in line and trying to skew it to feign racism. That's all I'll say about it. 77% of sports announcers are white, 10% Latino, 5.5% Black, 4.4% Asian, etc. 

Clearly the bigger discrepancy is 90% men and 10% women.

• Upvote 2