Sunday June 4th: Orioles vs. Giants for the series win

FlaO'sFan

That was a very awkward time call by Adley.  He was late doing it, and then he didn't really seem to need the time, so the pitcher walks behind the mound and grabs some resin instead, and Adley is left standing there ready to hit while the pitcher takes his time.  

Sometimes doing the automatic 2-strike call time thing is just silly. 

2 minutes ago, justD said:

That was a very awkward time call by Adley.  He was late doing it, and then he didn't really seem to need the time, so the pitcher walks behind the mound and grabs some resin instead, and Adley is left standing there ready to hit while the pitcher takes his time.  

Sometimes doing the automatic 2-strike call time thing is just silly. 

Doing it just because it's two strike seems all the time silly.

Anybody think one of our bullpen pitchers like Baumann or Zimmerman might become a starter again once they get more major league experience? It seems like we take all of our minor league starters and convert them into relivers, leaving us thin in starting pitching prospects.

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Anybody think one of our bullpen pitchers like Baumann or Zimmerman might become a starter again once they get more major league experience? It seems like we take all of our minor league starters and convert them into relivers, leaving us thin in starting pitching prospects.

I like Baumann where he is. I don’t think Zimmerman is going to last in the bigs regardless. His stuff screams AAAA to me.

I find pitchers in baseball fascinating with how many different and unique wind ups there are. The Giants pitcher looks like he's moving towards 3rd base before he throws, then he whips his arm around to make a good pitch home. 

The other night, I watched our own AA pitcher Connor Gillaspie do a little dance and shimmy before every pitch. 

Baseball players can be very OCD with the routines they create sometimes lol.