Brewers Series

Just Regular

I've always kinda liked the Brewers for some reason.  Don't know if I'd call myself a fan as I struggle with the idea of being a "fan" of multiple teams, but I tend to pull for them when they're not facing the Orioles.  Of course I hope we win all 3 games with a differential of +30.

Agree that their roster doesn't look particularly impressive.  Which probably means we'll get swept.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I still like to know the ERAs of the pitchers.  

Gibson (3.89) v. Peralta (4.62)

Kremer (4.43) v. Burnes (3.75)

Bradish (4.13) v. Rea (4.94)

The Brewers have a pretty lame offense, ranking 14th in the NL in runs/game, 15th in OPS, 14th in OPS+.  

Behind their starters, their bullpen ranks 7th in the NL with a 4.11 ERA, almost exactly league average.   They’ve done an excellent job of protecting leads, with a 75% save rate (15/20).  By contrast, the O’s pen has a better ERA (3.41) but a worse save rate (19/33 = 58%).   

Against the AL East, the Brewers are 3-6, having gone 1-2 against each of Boston, Tampa Bay and Toronto.  They started the season 18-9, then went 9-16, and most recently have gone 5-3.   They’re 16-12 at home.  

Overall, it’s certainly a winnable series on paper. 

Anemic offenses scare me. The Guardians dropped 22 runs over 3 games on us and were last in the league in runs scored. They have scored 12 runs in their last 4 games, back to their 3-run-per-game average.

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

Anemic offenses scare me. The Guardians dropped 22 runs over 3 games on us and were last in the league in runs scored. They have scored 12 runs in their last 4 games, back to their 3-run-per-game average.

The Royals also roiled our pitching. 

Seeing the Elly de la Cruz callup news to take him out of the offseason #1 prospect race, it reminded me that the Brewers in Jackson Chourio have one of the other strongest candidates Holliday will have to outplay to keep that honor for the Club if he can.

Chourio like Holliday still might have time to do enough to earn some consideration for 2023 reps.

32 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Uh oh.  Vavra gone.

Now who do we cut for Cowser??!!?

When he is promoted.......umm.........in August?      😠

Gunnar back issue probably leads to Lester staying up for right now to play at 3rd if needed.  If he seems good for a week or so Cowser makes sense to come up for Lester.