Hicks > McKenna

Frobby

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t think this is true at all. Hicks’ floor is McKenna’s ceiling. I like Mckenna, but he’ll be in Vavra world shortly. Meaning that he’s not better offensively or defensively than our top 4 MLB OF. Mullins, Hays, Hicks, and Cowser.

Haskin makes McKenna expendable as well. 

I'm confused isn't that similar to what I said?  I was not advocating for McKenna and I'm not sure how you can disagree with their defense (so far).

12 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am pretty happy with the calls I have made.  92 wins might even to low.   Called Kjerstad being promoted at 200 PA.    No fantasy there.

Make 1000 predictions you're bound to have a few pay off. 

Even a blind squirrel knows where his nuts are. Or something like that. 

If by some miracle Hicks becomes Mike Trout, why does he become a free agent after this season?  His contract with the Yankees ran through 2025 with an option for 2026.  Aren't the  Yankees on the hook for the duration of his contract?

2 minutes ago, 86this said:

If by some miracle Hicks becomes Mike Trout, why does he become a free agent after this season?  His contract with the Yankees ran through 2025 with an option for 2026.  Aren't the  Yankees on the hook for the duration of his contract?

Yes the Yankees have to pay him through 2025.  But they released him and the O's signed him to a one year contract for the minimum salary.   That contract runs out at the end of the season and he becomes a free agent.

Hicks will probably be looking for a starting job next year and the O's probably can't  offer  him that with Hays, Mullins, Cowser and Kjerstad likely on the team.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Yes the Yankees have to pay him through 2025.  But they released him and the O's signed him to a one year contract for the minimum salary.   That contract runs out at the end of the season and he becomes a free agent.

Hicks will probably be looking for a starting job next year and the O's probably can't  offer  him that with Hays, Mullins, Cowser and Kjerstad likely on the team.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

23 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t think this is true at all. Hicks’ floor is McKenna’s ceiling. I like Mckenna, but he’ll be in Vavra world shortly. Meaning that he’s not better offensively or defensively than our top 4 MLB OF. Mullins, Hays, Hicks, and Cowser.

Haskin makes McKenna expendable as well. 

I’m not at all sure that Haskin is as good as McKenna.  He might be.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m not at all sure that Haskin is as good as McKenna.  He might be.

Haskin is some one to watch.   At the beginning of the season I did not think he would be protected from the Rule 5 draft this off season.   Now its wait and see for me.   He hasn't played enough to know yet.

They seem to play him a lot in left meaning they think Cowser is a better CF.   And there is a reportedly weak arm.