Orioles release Lowther

Legend_Of_Joey

Not sure what happened to him, but I've never seen a pitcher lose his stuff that quickly. Obviously, whatever the injury was, they got him out on the mound in the FCL to show that he was healthy, but the stuff must have been pretty bad for them to just move on.

Depending on whether teams think he's healthy or not, he could get picked up but also may need to go to an independent league team, show that he's healthy and pitch well to get pick up by somebody else. 

Good luck to him.

• Upvote 1

Seems to me like the Covid year kinda broke the guy. Might not be related, but after 2020 he was not the same guy. Orioles must not have felt like there was much chance of a rebound after this latest injury. Feel bad for him, he was well-liked around here in his prospect days, but ultimately we have better pitchers in Norfolk. 

Looked like he would be (at a minimum) a solid back of the rotation starter through his first two years in the organization.  I believe he may have been one of our top five prospects at some point.  Then everything fell apart.