Orioles calling up Westburg.

Brian88

33 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Why in the world would we give up multiple top 100 players to acquire Aroldis Chapman? He couldn't fetch that at his absolute peak let alone in the twilight of his career. He won't cost 1 SINGLE top 100 prospect.

He fetched Gleyber Torres

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I said that he couldn't fetch MULTIPLE TOP 100 prospects at his peak. Do you think he will be able to get the Royals even one know? I don't.

He couldn't?

https://www.milb.com/news/gcs-191629886

Torres, MLB.com's No. 24 overall prospect, will be shipped to the Yankees along with outfielder and Cubs No. 5 prospect Billy McKinney (No. 75 overall), Class A Advanced outfielder Rashad Crawford and former Yankees righty Adam Warren in return for the hard-throwing closer. MLB.com's Carrie Muskat confirmed the deal Monday afternoon.

I'm confused.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Nope.

Of course I'm biased against him so I might not be the best person to ask.

When he was a part of the trade that you referred to he was considered an elite closer/late inning reliever. Now he is a nice middle reliever/set up guy who is at the twilight of his career. 

Regardless of bias, I don't think that any org is giving up very much to acquire him. Certainly not the type of deal that could bankrupt our farm system (or whatever people are choosing to call it).

3 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

If Aroldis Chapman is the best reliever that we can acquire then sign me up.

The best contributor to culture is success/winning. We are not that kind of org any more who needs to be perfect on the edges because we don't have enough talent. We are bringing in Chapman to be a middle to back end reliever for a couple of months. He won't and can't possibly mess up anything. He's not going to corrupt any of our other grown men into doing something bad/illegal/immoral/whatever. 

His only job and the most important thing he can do is get hitters out in high leverage situation when called upon.

I don’t think he would corrupt any of the players on the team, but I don’t want Chapman regardless of whether he’s the best reliever that the team can acquire. I completely understand the team’s middle relief issue, but I don’t want to root for a guy who choked his girlfriend, pushed her into a wall, retrieved his gun, then fired 8 warning shots, leaving her so thoroughly terrorized that she fled the premises, leaving her infant child inside. I hope he is not acquired.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sydnor said:

I don’t think he would corrupt any of the players on the team, but I don’t want Chapman regardless of whether he’s the best reliever that the team can acquire. I completely understand the team’s middle relief issue, but I don’t want to root for a guy who choked his girlfriend, pushed her into a wall, retrieved his gun, then fired 8 warning shots, leaving her so thoroughly terrorized that she fled the premises, leaving her infant child inside. I hope he is not acquired.

I hear you. What he did is despicable no doubt.

I'm very glad that Westburg is up now, and is hitting so well.  Watching him I can't help but wonder what our record would have been the past two months if many of the poor Mateo and Frazier at bats had been given to this kid instead.  Maybe we'd have picked up an extra game or two.  Who knows?  But he's here now, and certainly looking like he is going to get a fair chance to play on most days.  

2 hours ago, forphase1 said:

I'm very glad that Westburg is up now, and is hitting so well.  Watching him I can't help but wonder what our record would have been the past two months if many of the poor Mateo and Frazier at bats had been given to this kid instead.  Maybe we'd have picked up an extra game or two.  Who knows?  But he's here now, and certainly looking like he is going to get a fair chance to play on most days.  

Westburg should have been up last season to replace Odor, and the Orioles would have made the playoffs.