Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

@Tony-OH has him #27 in the most recent power rankings. 

I wouldn’t think Michael Lorenzen would cost this type of player. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but this could be for Montgomery. 

Now that is reading a lot into things. 

Goodness, you expect to be able to reach *outside* the O’s own Top 30 in a deal for a starter?

59 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

CHC - MLB network crawl has new tidbit Cubs not trading Bellinger, and I'd figure that goes for all their pieces.     Trey may be on a Club hanging in its divisional race.     

SDP - I think Seider-Preller are more inclined to hang in, but we'll see if they finish their sweep of the Rangers, and they will gain a view of 1 additional game late Monday night in Colorado.

Or it’s posturing by their GM. 

59 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

CHC - MLB network crawl has new tidbit Cubs not trading Bellinger, and I'd figure that goes for all their pieces.     Trey may be on a Club hanging in its divisional race.     

SDP - I think Seider-Preller are more inclined to hang in, but we'll see if they finish their sweep of the Rangers, and they will gain a view of 1 additional game late Monday night in Colorado.

Or it’s posturing by their GM.

Dan Connolly posted on Sportsnaut an O's trade for Jordan Montgomery and Jordan Hicks. Cards get DL Hall, Dylan Beavers and Justin Armbruester. Thoughts?

Personally I'm not a fan of Hicks and I'd rather sub someone for Beavers because I think he's worth some patience. 

2 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Dan Connolly posted on Sportsnaut an O's trade for Jordan Montgomery and Jordan Hicks. Cards get DL Hall, Dylan Beavers and Justin Armbruester. Thoughts?

Personally I'm not a fan of Hicks and I'd rather sub someone for Beavers because I think he's worth some patience. 

I'd do that in a heartbeat 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I'd probably want to swap someone out. I like Hicks fine, but if you guys are frustrated with our relievers walking people, Hicks has 5.1 BB/9 for his career and has been worth 1.1 WAR in 5 years. His WHIP is 1.5, so if you wanted a lockdown reliever for higher-leverage situations, he's probably not the guy.

6 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I was just looking at this, I think I would rather trade a position player than DL Hall but if that’s what it took it doesn’t sound terrible.

Really starting to think a decent rental starter may not be that expensive. The Astros GM just said they are not going after a starter so that shoots down the Verlander to Houston rumors. 

2 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I was just looking at this, I think I would rather trade a position player than DL Hall but if that’s what it took it doesn’t sound terrible.

Really starting to think a decent rental starter may not be that expensive. The Astros GM just said they are not going after a starter so that shoots down the Verlander to Houston rumors. 

Mets want a top 100. I was surprised to find out the Astros don't have one.

My guess is Verlander winds up with the Dodgers.

Cards have been consistent saying they want pitching back.